All in one Baked Omelette in a Toast aka Bread Omelette with an easy twist. It is a perfect dish when you want to have a quick and super easy breakfast egg recipe or snack that makes everyone happy. A tasty bread omelette recipe that just takes 5 Minutes of active cooking time and you have a perfect healthy breakfast which you can enjoy on the go.
Stuffed with vegetables and cheese, this thick baked bread omelette is hearty, healthy and so delicious. That it comes in a crispy golden toast makes it almost irresistible. At least for me :D. BTW if you love omelette recipes as much as I do, you may like to try some of my favourite omelette recipes. Spanish Omelette Recipe, Vegetable Frittata, Bread Omelette Sandwich, Indian Street Style Bread Omelette or simple Masala omelette.
Watch One Minute Video Recipe of All in One Baked Omelet
Breakfast has always been my priority and the most important meal of the day. And if you are following me for some time you know how much I love eggs :). Well, so many egg curries and breakfast dishes made with eggs are enough of proof I think :P.
But on a serious note, I always love to include vegetables in every meal that my family eats. Fritatta, veggie omelet, and other vegetarian breakfasts most of the times there are vegetables included. In this Baked omelette, I have gone a step further and turned it into Baked omelet in a toast. You save time to toast the bread, no need to cook the vegetables separately and omelette… wholesome breakfast! everything rolled into one single dish. That’s why I am in love with the Baked Omelette in the Toast.
What’s more, It takes 5 minutes of your active cooking time. So, pop this in the oven and while it’s baking you just go through your morning routine and come back in the kitchen to this incredibly easy, delicious and healthy breakfast casserole. Casserole? I like to think of it a breakfast casserole only thing we have used here is bread that is shaped like a casserole you just eat the dish along 😀
Meal Prep for All in One Baked Omelette
- You can chop and keep vegetables, grate the cheese in the previous night and keep them the in the fridge.
- You can even whip the eggs and keep them the in the fridge, so next morning all you have to do is just add the seasoning.
- If you are a weekend cook these freeze beautifully, so all you need to do is cut them into pieces and freeze. When you are ready to eat just take out one portion, pop them the in the oven and you have an incredibly tasty and healthy breakfast.
How to Make All in One Baked Omelette Variations
- The bread I have used is Pav bread we get in India, you can use any bread of your choice. A big loaf hollowed out, A bun or bagel all works beautifully.
- You can change the vegetables as per your liking. Make sure to pick quick cooking ones. Onion, peas, zucchini, mushrooms all work well.
- You can add breakfast meat of your choice if you wish to.
- You can make individual servings of the by baking it in smaller bread.
- It can be made in both, microwave oven with convection feature and regular oven.
This All in one Baked omelette is just not for the breakfast. I am going to eat it as a snack, pair it with a good salad and you have a delicious lunch or dinner.
If you like this All in One Baked Omelette recipe, do share it with your friends on Facebook and WhatsApp. For latest Video recipes update Subscribe to my Youtube channel and follow MTC on Instagram and Twitter for latest updates from my kitchen.
- 6 Eggs
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Red chilli flakes you can adjust as per taste
- 1 tsp parsley dried if using fresh double it
- 1 cup bell peppers chopped
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese grated
- 1 Pav Bread or 6 small breads like buns or small bagels
Preheat the oven at180C.
Start by whipping the eggs in a bowl.
Season it with salt, red chilli flakes and parsley.
Whisk to combine well.
Hollow out the bread as shown in the video recipe. Make sure to leave a think layer without making a hole in the cover.
This is important otherwise the egg may get spilled outside.
Now transfer the bread onto an aluminum foil.
Now pour the egg, top it with bell peppers and grated cheese.
Immediately transfer the bun in the oven (otherwise too much egg gets absorbed into bun and makes it soggy)
If that happens add one more whipped egg to top it and some more cheese.
Cover it with aluminum foil (this all prevent the toast from burning)
Bake the dish for 20-22 minutes till the top gets golden brown.
It’s ready to serve.