Aloo Shimla mirch sabzi is a simple Shimla mirch recipe. Aloo Shimla mirch sabji recipe is Punjabi style recipe in which capsicum is cooked with onion and tomato masala. This one is just perfect for the days when you are looking to cook a comfort meal in a hurry.
Some dishes are super simple but still taste absolutely fantastic. Aloo Shimla mirch Sabzi is among one of these. This capsicum recipe is super quick and comes together in almost 20 Minutes. That is why I am categorising it under curry in a hurry series.
There are few variations of this spicy dry curry of Aloo Shimla mirch. Some people cook aloo Shimla mirch without Onion and garlic with just a few spices, which are dry Aloo Shimla mirch. But in this recipe, I cooked potato and capsicum with sliced onion and tomato masala.
The order of adding tomato onion masala is slightly changed that is a complete game changer for the recipe. This gives it a delicious taste, makes it moist and keeps the flavour and texture of the curry interesting.
This is super easy to cook and hardly takes more than 20 minutes to cook. I cook it quite frequently at home. So when I decided to do this short series of quick cooking Indian curry recipes in under 20 minutes recipe section this was sure going to be a part of it 🙂
You can check other recipes from this series, Rajasthani Sev Tamatar ki sabzi, Makhmali Paneer ki Sabzi, Dahi Wale Tinde ki Sabzi, Papad ki sabzi. Also, there are many 20 Minutes Meal recipes are already there and more are coming up.
Aloo Shimla Mirch – Recipe Notes
For making Aloo Shimla mirch curry, you can use green, red or yellow capsicum as per your choice. The taste of yellow and red capsicum is little less peppery than the green bell pepper. But the sabji tastes good nevertheless because of a lot of smokiness from dried red chilli and heat from green chilli which I used in tadka.
Aloo Shimla Mirch Recipe Video
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS ALOO SHIMLA MIRCH RECIPE?
If you cook this recipe of dry Aloo and Shimla mirch and find it helpful, please do share it on your facebook, twitter or pin it on Pinterest this may help others too, and keeps me motivated to write more and share more of my recipes with you all.
Aloo Shimla Mirch Ki Sabzi - Potato and Capsicum Curry Recipe
- 300 g potato cut each into 8 pieces
- 250 g Shimla mirch bell peppers any color
- 100 g onion sliced
- 150 g Tomatoes (2 medium sized finely chopped)
- 1 tsp ginger grated
- 2-3 green chili
- 2-3 whole red chili dried
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp chaat masala powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- leaves coriander for garnish
- Heat Oil in the pan and add cumin seeds.
- Allow the cumin seed to crackle and add grated ginger.
- Add whole red chili and green chili and stir.
- Add sliced onion and saute them for few minutes and add cut pieces of potatoes in the pan.
- Cover the pan and cook potatoes for 5-6 minutes before adding capsicum / Shimla mirch as the potatoes take little longer to cook.
- Add Shimla mirch or capsicum and cook for 2-3 minutes more.
- Now after 5 minutes add salt, red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and chaat masala powder.
- Add chopped tomatoes and mix everything well.
- Cover and cook for 5-6 minutes more on medium heat and stir it once or twice in between.
- Aloo Shimla mirch is ready to serve with Hot phulka or paratha.