Asian Vermicelli noodle bowls for breakfast. We love it because It's a delicious breakfast which is healthy, vegetarian, vegan and very flavourful. It is Made with wheat vermicelli pasta, and actually, we like to eat it for just about any meal of the day. Best thing is it is a 20Minute Meal!
Vermicelli for breakfast with veggies and Asian Flavours! How does that sound? We are in love with these Asian Vermicelli Noodle Bowl. Spicy vermicelli filled with veggies and flavors are actually good to serve at any meal. I often pack them in our lunch box and they freeze very well. Well! What else you need from a dish :).
Watch Video of Asian Vermicelli Noodle Bowl
Vermicelli Upma is a popular Indian breakfast the I often cook for breakfast. And, I still don’t have a recipe to show here! Will rectify that soon. Vermicelli Upma tastes good but these Asian Vermicelli Noodle bowl are something else! Bold on flavors, chockfull of veggies this is our favorite breakfast these days.
When I made these vermicelli breakfast dish a few days ago, it was devoured instantly. Vermicelli is a thin pasta, almost like angel hair pasta but broken into small parts. Vermicelli is either made of rice or wheat. Usually, rice vermicelli is used in making Asian Vermicelli noodles. In this recipe, I used wheat vermicelli.
I always use roasted vermicelli, if you are using regular one I suggest you dry roast it for few minutes in a pan and then use it. If wheat vermicelli is not available you can use rice vermicelli too. I like to use bell peppers and mushrooms. To add a variation you can use chopped carrots, a variety of mushrooms and tofu.
If you try this recipe, Do share it with me by using #MyTastyCurry on Instagram. I love to see and share all your creations.
- 1 onion small
- 2-3 green chilli
- ½ bell peppers
- ½ cup Mushroom chopped
- ½ cup Corn kernels frozen or fresh
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 1 cup Vermicelli pasta
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder mild (optional)
- 1-2 tablespoon sriracha sauce hot sauce
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Thai ginger grated
- 1.5 cup water
- ⅓ cup coconut milk
- lime juice
- coriander leaves
- 4-5 Tbsp Roasted Peanuts
- Heat oil in a pan add chopped onion, chopped green chili and saute them.
- Add chopped bell peppers, Mushrooms, corn and saute over medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add vermicelli noodles and mix well.
- Now add salt, red chili powder, sriracha sauce, Thai ginger and soy sauce.
- Add 1.5 cup of water and Coconut milk.
- Mix well, after it comes to boil reduce the heat and simmer for 5-6 minutes on low heat.
- Stir in between.
- Add Chopped baby tomatoes and roasted peanuts.
- Serve in a bowl, garnish with lime juice, toasted peanuts, and coriander leaves and serve hot.