Stuffed Shimla mirch recipe or Bharwan Shimla mirch Recipe. One of the best capsicum recipes of stuffed Shimla mirch is made by stuffing a spicy potato filling in the capsicum. Suitable for vegetarians and vegans both.
When I posted this Shimla mirch aloo sabji for my Curry in a hurry series, many of my readers on social asked me about stuffed Shimla mirch aloo recipe as well. So I am sharing this Punjabi Stuffed Shimla mirch recipe that my mother makes at home. And, If I say my Mom makes the world best Stuffed capsicum, it won't be an exaggeration, really! believe me :).
So, I just copy her recipe whenever I make this recipe at home. Sometimes I like to add variations in terms of filling instead of potatoes you can make a spicy paneer filling and stuff the capsicum. Or, you can add some crumbled paneer and boiled peas to potatoes while making the spicy potato filling for stuffed green bell peppers. These generously spiced green bell peppers provide a double dose of flavour plus health. This is also known as Bharwan Shimla mirch as Bharwan is a Hindi word for stuffed. (Bharwan bhindi recipe )
You can make the recipe in a pan like I made in the recipe video or use convection microwave. You can also bake the stuffed capsicum in a conventional oven or Microwave oven.
How to Make Stuffed Shimla Mirch in Microwave
My Mom makes Punjabi stuffed shimla mirch recipe by shallow frying the green bell peppers in hot in oil. For making stuffed Shimla mirch in the microwave, just skip the gram flour/besan layer. For microwave stuffed capsicum simply place these stuffed capsicums in a microwave safe dish and bake in convection mode for 20 minutes.
Stuffed Shimla Mirch Recipe Video in Hindi
It tastes best served with Chapati or paratha or as a side with a continental meal. Looking for more Indian dry sabzi or curry ideas you can try this capsicum and cabbage sabji, Mix Veg sabzi, Aloo Gobhi Achari recipe or sookhi aloo methi sabji recipe.
If you like the Video recipe, Do check out my Youtube Channel for more such easy recipes and Please do subscribe to the Youtube channel.
If you cook this stuffed Shimla mirch aloo sabji recipe and like it, click a pic and post it with hashtag #MyTastyCurry — I love to see your recipes on Instagram, Facebook, & Twitter! Also, you can pin this recipe on Pinterest if you like it and plan to cook it later.
Stuffed Capsicum Recipe | Bharwan Shimla Mirch Aloo
- 4 green bell peppers capsicum/shimla mirch
- 3 Tbsp Oil
- 2 Potatoes boiled and grated
- 2 Potatoes boiled and crushed
- salt to taste
- 1 Tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 Tsp garam masala powder
- 1 Tsp coriander powder
- 1 Tsp Amchoor powder mango powder
- 1 Tbsp Coriander leaves
- Make a thick besan/gram flour paste by mixing gram flour, salt, Red chilli powder. Keep it aside.
- Wash and dry the bell peppers/capsicum/shimla mirch.
- Now remove the stank and cut the capsicum in the middle into 2 parts (watch video)
- Carve out the seeds from capsicum with a carving knife.
- Prepare all the capsicum halves like this and keep them aside.
- To prepare the potato stuffing for Shimla mirch, in a mixing bowl add grated potatoes and crushed potatoes.
- Add salt, red chilli powder, coriander powder, anchor powder/mango powder, garam masala powder and coriander leaves.
- Mix them well.
- With the help of a spoon stuff this spicy potato mixture in the hollowed out halves of capsicum.
- Heat up the il in a skillet dip the exposed side of potato mixture in gram flour paste and Place these stuffed capsicum upside down to crisper the gram flour side.
- Shallow fry these capsicum on medium heat till the char marks appear.
- In between cover them for few minutes to ensure that these are completely cooked from inside.
Brilliant combination of flavours.👍👌