Indian street style Bread omelette recipe that I make very often. Bread omelet is one of quick and healthy Indian breakfast which is healthy and quite filling.
We all know that nothing can be simpler for a delicious meal than whipping up a bread omelette quickly. It is so easy that bread omelette recipe is considered as a great egg recipe for bachelors or beginners in the kitchen.
Bread and eggs is match made in heaven. There are so many variations which can be made with this combination of bread and eggs. The Bread omelette recipe which I am sharing today is slightly different from the other recipes like Cheese omelet, Indian masala omelette Spanish omelette which I have shared previously.
This is an Indian street style bread omelette recipe in which Bread is placed in the omelette while cooking. As a result bread slice is embedded in the omelette. It is spicier than regular omelette as there is liberal use of fresh green chillies. Though you can always use lesser chilies if you are not comfortable handling chilli heat.
Omelettes are usually served at breakfast, but with cheese and bread in this one, you can serve this for any meal. When we need a quick lunch or dinner, I just toss a quick salad and serve the bread omelette with it. That makes a quick filling meal for us. I would rather say, one of best and filling meal especially if you love eggs.
And Yes! I am sharing this beginner's cooking series on Instagram which I am calling #MTCeasyCooking. Are you following me on Instagram yet :D. But irrespective of whether or not you are a beginner in cooking, this Indian street style bread omelette is a great meal option for all egg lovers.
Indian Bread Omelet Recipe Video in Hindi
Bread Omelet Street Style Recipe | How to Make Indian Street Style Bread OmeletPrint Pin Rate
- 2 Eggs
- Salt to taste
- Red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 green chilli chopped
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves
- 2 Bread slice
- 2 tablespoon cheese grated
- Break the eggs in a bowl and whisk with salt and red chilli powder to your taste.
- Heat oil in a pan, add 1tsp butter and allow it to melt.
- Add chopped onion, green chillis, fresh coriander and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour the egg mixture over the onion in the pan.
- Cook the eggs for 1 minute till it starts to set and place one slice of bread over it.
- Add a layer of your favorite cheese and sprinkle chopped coriander.
- Cover with another slice of bread and press it with a spatula.
- Now flip it and push the edges under the bread and cook for 1-2 minutes to cook both the sides.