Cheese omelette recipe is one of the tasty breakfast/ meal recipes which you whip up in minutes. Making cheese omelette with Toast is one of my favorite thing to do when I need a delicious meal in minutes.
The Omelet is one of the easiest meal that can be put together in minutes, satisfying and most importantly nutritious too. Eggs are my go-to ingredient whenever I like to make something delicious and short on time that’s why you see many different recipes for cooking with this favorite ingredient of mine.
Though most of these egg dishes are ridiculously simple to make and turn out pretty delicious however you cook them but if you are like me and want a perfect texture and consistency of cooked eggs few simple things can make your egg recipes from good to almost perfect.
How to Make Perfect Omelette
A well-cooked omelet is a perfect breakfast or even dinner when you are tired and in no mood to cook much. Soft and custardy, an omelet is delicious however you cook it, plain or with vegetables, with cheese or without cheese, with meat or without meat. I know few people who are addicted to spicy Indian masala cheese omelette and can eat that for breakfast for rest of their life :).
However, my favorite remains classic cheese omelette which is nothing but a plain omelet with melted cheese folded in it. Cheese is melted by placing cheese slice or grated cheese while cooking the omelette. The quantity of cheese usually depends on how many calories in cheese omelette you are planning to have 😀
Coming back to how can one make a perfect omelet, if you take care of below mentioned few things you can whip up a perfect omelet in no time.
Use right type of Pan for Making Omelette
The most important first step is using right kind of pan for making omelette. A well-seasoned cast iron pan works great and nonstick pan works best without using too amount of butter or fat. If you don't have both, just add a small amount of extra olive oil or butter to prevent the omelet from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
Fresh Eggs make Good Omelette
Use the best quality fresh eggs you can, preferably organic which taste so much better. Brown eggs or white eggs is another question which people ask for choosing eggs? I don't really find any real difference in taste, except that brown eggs look better. If you can make out the difference in taste I would be happy to know the difference.
How to Make Fluffy Omelette
- To make a fluffy omelette add one tablespoon of milk or water while whisking the eggs. I never tried to learn the explanation for this fact, but it really makes it the difference.
- Another common wisdom is to whisk the egg batter nicely to incorporate more air. More air in the egg batter means more fluffy texture of the omelet.
- One more thing to take care of while whisking eggs for the omelet is, yolk and white should mix together uniformly and there are no white streaks. That helps to get that beautiful golden color of the omelet.
- Start cooking the eggs on medium or medium-low heat and don't wait for the pan to get too hot otherwise, you may have outside too hard and raw inside the omelet.
- Another thing that makes perfect soft and custardy omelet is, as soon as you pour the eggs in the pan, start stirring them gently ( as shown in recipe video) and ensures even cooking of eggs.
- Cook the omelet until it is slightly underdone, set bottom but a soft and curd-like top. After that sprinkle some cheese on the top let it melt for a minute.
Cooking is a skill that requires patience and a watchful eye which most of the time comes with the experience. So if in the beginning, the omelet does not come out as perfect as it does in your favorite restaurant, no worries at all because with my experience
I can tell you that you get better each time you cook something that you love to eat 🙂
If you also have any tips or tricks to make a perfect omelet, I would really love to hear about that.
Cheese Omelet Recipe Video
Cheese Omelet Recipe | How to Make Perfect Omelet
- 2 Eggs Organic
- ½ teaspoon butter
- 1 tablespoon milk
- black pepper Crushed
- 1 tablespoon cheddar cheese Sharp
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Whisk two whole eggs with milk so that it is a uniform mixture of yolks and whites.
- Heat mix of oil and butter in a pan.
- Pour egg mixture in the pan and allow it to set for a minute on medium low heat.
- Start to scrape and gently stir the eggs as shown in the video above.
- Let it cook till bottom is well set but top is still custardy.
- Sprinkle the sharp cheddar cheese and season it with salt and pepper.
- Allow the cheese to melt, fold it and slide it onto a plate very gently.