Chinese Egg Fried Rice is your favorite Indo Chinese fried rice and egg in One Pot! These delicious egg fried rice makes a perfect meal one pot meal for weeknight dinners. And this is so much better than those oily asian takeouts. Today I am sharing with you my Chinese egg fried recipe which is healthier than takeout and you can prepare in less time than your takeout order arrives.
I hope you have checked out first recipe of my my new video series on Indo Chinese Food and hopefully have tried this Paneer Chilli recipe. Egg fried rice is my second recipe of My Tasty Curry Indo Chinese series and my go-to meal of all time . Especially when I have leftover rice in the fridge. Not that I mind making fresh pot of rice especially for Chinese fried rice or this Cheesy Tava Masala rice recipe. I am so excited to share this recipe with you that is super quick to make and tastes delicious.
How to Make Schezwan Egg Fried Rice
Chinese Egg Fried Rice is a One Pot meal which means you can make the whole recipe in just one pot. One pot recipes make me really happy because less cleaning up after all the mess! 😀 Egg fried rice is easy to cook as all you need is your favorite veggies, some Indo Chinese essentials-soy sauce, ginger, garlic, spices, eggs and that is it. The spicy, filling egg fried rice is ready to be served.
This one recipe is for all the egg lovers who love to eat Indo Chinese or Asian food and positively order it wherever they go. I like egg rice not only because it’s easy to make but because I can add my favorite veggies slit some green chilies as well. I am not really fond of plain rice so I throw in some veggies whenever I get the chance. You can add some more protein like chicken, prawns etc. If you are a vegetarian just skip eggs and follow rest of the Chinese fried rice recipe as it is. You can make it vegan with tofu too.
Leftover Rice or Fresh Rice for Making Fried Rice?
- Whenever I cook fried rice (which is quite often because my refrigerator is always filled with leftovers magically :P) I prefer leftover rice because the slightly dried out rice is ideal for making fried rice. Freshly cooked rice has moisture which makes the fried rice sticky and prone to breaking. If you are making fresh rice then short grain rice is best rice to make egg fried rice recipe.
- You can cook the rice with the veggies when you are making quick dinner. I have used non-stick skillet you can use a wok as well.
- The easy tip if you feel lazy but wants to eat egg fried rice is by scrambling the eggs on the side of your skillet or wok or pan. This sounds weird but it works great as all your veggies and egg will be cooked together. 😀 You can stir-fry the veggies first and then add eggs if you like it that way as well.
- Another way of enjoying schezwan rice is by making noodles along with it. You can similarly make schezwan egg noodles following exact same recipe of egg fried rice.
- The only thing that changes is instead of cooked rice you will add cooked noodles. Or you can double the ingredients other than rice, and save half of the batch to make schezwan noodles some other day. 😀
Recipe Notes- Egg Fried Rice
- Use short grain rice when you are using fresh rice while cooking egg fried rice.
- I have used a skillet so have poured in more oil due to the surface area, if you are using a wok adjust the quantity of oil accordingly.
- You can scramble the eggs same time while stir frying the veggies in the skillet.
I am often asked about the Pans and other things that I use in my cooking videos and recipes. I am giving Links to buy these You can check those links and buy. You can buy WOK by clicking the link or the Pan I have used in the Video from Amazon here.
If you love the recipes, do share it with your friends and family. Also, like us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Whatsapp. Pin us on Pinterest, we would love to hear from you do leave your comments below. You can also subscribe to Our WhatsApp Recipe broadcast for Free by messaging Subscribe on +91-8368756817
Chinese Egg fried rice recipe from Indo Chinese cuisine that is super quick and tasty. It is a one-pot recipe that can be quickly assembled with some leftover rice, veggies, and spices.
- 2 tablespoon Red Onion chopped
- 2-3 tablespoon Spring Onion chopped
- 1 Green Capsicum
- 1 cup Cabbage chopped
- ½ cup Carrot chopped
- ½ cup Beans chopped
- ½ cup Corn
- 1 teaspoon Ginger
- 1 teaspoon Garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon Green Chilies chopped
- 1 teaspoon Red Chili Powder
- 2 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Green Chili Sauce
- 2 tablespoon Schezwan Sauce
- 3 Whole Eggs
Heat a pan and pour in 2-3 tablespoon of oil. When oil starts to smoke add chopped red onions followed by spring onions, capsicum (I have chopped the capsicum in long as we are making Chinese recipe ), cabbage, carrot, beans, and fresh corn.
When all the veggies are in the pan then stir and saute them for 2-3 minutes on high flame.
After that add a teaspoon of ginger then another teaspoon of garlic paste and a teaspoon of green chilies (chopped) on it.
Cook all the spices for a minute and then add a teaspoon of red chili powder, 2 tablespoons of soy sauce (you can get them from the link below), 1 teaspoon of green chili sauce and 2 tablespoons of schezwan sauce.
Mix them well and add salt. When you add salt taste the cooked ingredients in the pan first since most of the sauces contain salt)
When you have added salt then take a small bowl and crack 3 whole eggs in them. After that gently pour the eggs in the pan.
Scramble the eggs for 2-3 minutes on medium flame and then add cooked rice in it.
Mix them gently and sprinkle some spring onions on it and serve hot.