Chocolate crunch bar recipe. These dark chocolate peanuts crunch bars are a perfect holiday treat or snack if you're looking for something delicious to munch on. The best part is they are free of sneaky gluten and are refined sugar-free.
Ready in no time, this chocolatey goodness requires only three ingredients and is the best crunchy substitute to your regular sugar and dairy packed candies and bars.
Everyone wants a little chocolatey munch and crunch especially during the holiday season while sipping on the luscious hot chocolate no matter the diet you follow. But the regular choco munch bars and rice Krispies are so high in sugar and gluten content that the entire diet goes out for a toss.
These puffed rice crisps are a much healthier alternative to the conventional marshmallow-filled rice crispy treats. These are refined sugar-free and have some healthy fats and protein from the peanut, which is always a good approach to help our systems absorb sugar more slowly.
They're also dairy-free, vegan-friendly, and gluten-free. You may also use any nut butter like peanut butter or seed butter instead of the toasted peanuts that I have used in this recipe.
Keeping in mind the needs and wants of fitness and the upcoming holiday season, I made these healthy and tasty treats to satisfy your sweet tooth without losing out on your diet. And you'd be delighted to hear that this recipe requires only three ingredients.
So what are you waiting for? Try out this homemade crunchy chocolate delight and share it with your friends and family this Christmas.
Why We Love This Recipe
- Chocolate peanut crunch bars are a delicious and nutritious alternative to sugary candy and bars.
- t's very simple to prepare these crispy bars because they're a no-bake recipe with only three ingredients.
- These crunch bars are a refined sugar-sugar free, dairy-free vegan option.
- Sugar free chocolate - I love to use the refined sugar-free, gluten free, plant based chocolates but feel free to go for your favourite ones- white chocolate/milk chocolate/dark chocolate
- Puffed rice - Puffed rice may be bought in the cereal department of most supermarkets or ordered online. You may also use puffed wheat, puffed quinoa, or rice krispies as an alternative.
- Toasted peanuts or cashews- I have used toasted peanuts for that extra ounce of protein
See the recipe card for quantities.
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof dish by placing it over boiling water using the double boiler method. The other method is melting it or in 20-second intervals in the microwave.
- 2. Next step, stir the puffed rice and toasted peanuts into the melted chocolate and keep stirring until evenly mixed.
- 3. Using parchment paper, line an 812 x 412 loaf pan with enough paper to lift out. In a uniform layer, pour the chocolate mixture into the loaf pan.
- Once evenly distributed, put it in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- 5. Remove the chocolate from the loaf pan and cut it into bars using a heated knife and there you have it! Your perfect snack for the choco crunch and munch.
Gluten-free: you can always go for gluten-free options of puffed rice cereal to brown rice.
Vegan: To keep this dish vegan, use vegan plant-based chocolate instead of normal chocolate chips.
Dairy-free: Use dairy-free chocolate to keep this recipe dairy-free.
Healthier version: So these treats are already a great way to go if you're looking for a healthy snack but if you wish to make it healthier you can use quinoa puffs instead of rice puffs.
Diet-friendly: For that extra flavour, you can also add a spoonful of peanut butter into your chocolate mix to give it that extra protein. You can also opt for a protein powder to make these bars similar to the protein bars you buy.
For puffs to stick, Nut butter is the perfect option. However, you can also use almond butter or cashew butter. If you have a nut allergy, seed butter, wow butter or tahini will also work.
Recipe Notes and Tips
You may use either rice crispy cereal or puffed rice cereal. Both are delectable, and both work well in the recipe.
Rice crispy cereal has a light and airy, soft crunchy texture, whereas puffed rice has a more substantial structure. Both are really effective. You may also make a brown rice version for a healthier option.
This dish is ideal for entertaining guests because the holidays are all about spending quality time with loved ones while munching on delicious sweets.
Refrigerate the bars for up to 2 weeks or freeze them for up to 3 months in an airtight container.
These peanut butter crunchy crisps would be a perfect match with a warm cup of coffee or smooth velvety hot chocolate to which I provided the recipes.
Do go ahead and check it out for the perfect combo of smoothness and crunch all in one.
More Such Recipes
- Hot Chocolate
- Chocolate Fudge French Toast
- Oreo & Chocolate Mousse (Eggless)
- Chocolate Hazelnut Bar
If You like this recipe and made it Please rate the recipe. It helps us to reach more people. You can follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Pinterest for more food inspirations.
Chocolate crunch bar recipe
- 1 cup chocolate chip sugar-free
- 1 cup puffed white rice
- 1 cup Toasted peanuts
Melting The Chocolate
- In a heatproof bowl add refined sugar free dark chocolate chips. Place it over a pan of boiling water and melt the chocolate by whisking it.
- Or, You can use microwave to melt the chocolate.
Making Crunch bar
- When chocolate is melted After stirring and mixing well, add the puffed rice.
- Mix the ingredients evenly
- Add the toasted peanut into the mixture
- Line a loaf pan with the parchment paper
- Pour the mixture into the loaf pan
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes
- Once done, take it out and cut into tiny bars.
- Chocolate crunch bars are ready to serve.
- You may use either rice crispy cereal or puffed rice cereal. Both are delectable, and both work well in the recipe.
- Rice crispy cereal has a light and airy, soft crunchy texture, whereas puffed rice has a more substantial structure. Both are effective.
- You may also make a brown rice version for a healthier option.
- This dish is ideal for entertaining guests because the holidays are all about spending quality time with loved ones while munching on delicious sweets.
Leave me your feedback here please