Chur chur naan is an oval-shaped Indian bread that is fluffy and delicious. Today’s recipe is all about Punjabi Style Cuisines. Paneer Stuffed Chur Chur Naan is a perfect Indian bread almost like a stuffed paratha but cooked differently. Step by step method of making Chur chur Naan without Tandoor.
Naan is basically a type of leavened oven-baked flatbread that you can find in every restaurant that serves Indian Cuisines. Chur Chur naan is vastly popular and this is Unleavened naan recipe. Stuffed flatbread is made with spicy fresh cottage cheese stuffing, it almost tastes like heaven with Punjabi chole or buttery Dal Makhani. Naan recipe looks something difficult to make in normal Indian kitchen without tandoor which is next to impossible in most urban kitchens, I use this hack my Mom has been using since long. This is easy method of making chur chur naan without Tandoor. Yes! You can make Naan without tandoor.
Dough for naan is prepared with all-purpose flour or maida. Milk is liquid to make naan dough soft. You can use milk powder as well if you wish to. But I feel it turns out more soft with real whole milk. Milk improves the crust browning and adds moisture to the dough. While preparing the oval-shaped chur-chur naan we add ghee in layers. This allows the chur-chur naan to break through and come out in layers that's why the name chur chur (flaky in Hindi).
How to Make Chur Chur Naan Without Tandoor
The bread is so delicious that you can eat it as it is with some chutney and butter or with Pindi chana masala or Amritsari chole.
Next step in making perfect chur chur naan is paneer stuffing. Any stuffed bread stuffing has to be equally good otherwise it can ruin the whole taste. Since I am making paneer Naan, the good quality paneer is first requirement here. You can buy malai paneer from super market or make soft homemade paneer at home. Other than this chur chur naan recipe you can use same paneer stuffing for paratha making as well. Or if you like you can make this delicious paneer paratha which has slightly different paneer stuffing. Also, if like me you also love stuffed paratha this article can be of good use. Is paratha a Healthy Breakfast?
People usually tell me how they love chur-chur naan but avoid making Indian bread at home as they find the recipes complicated. The recipe and preparation of naan are pretty easy. This soft and flaky homemade naan is as easy as a pie, Just take the recipe notes and follow the easy steps to make this fluffy and delicious paneer stuffed chur chur naan.
Easy steps on how to make homemade Naan:
- Use warm milk while breading the dough for the chur-chur naan.
- Cover the dough (after kneading it) with a clean wet cloth for 15-20 minutes.
- Use your hands to flatten the dough. You can spread some ghee in your palms for easy flattening.
- Always add ghee in layers, while making the naan. This will make the naan fluffy and then the naan will break in layers.
- After making the oval-shaped naan, use your hands and apply water on one side of the naan. Use that side to stick the naan on the pan. The water will allow the naan to stick in the pan.
- Use normal tawa to roast the chur-chur naan. Since the chur-chur naan is cooked by putting the tawa upside down the flame, it can be easily made in normal tawa. If you are running short of time you can use the oven too.
I am often asked about the Pans and other things that I use in my cooking videos and recipes. I am giving Links to buy these You can check those links and buy. You can buy WOK by clicking the link or the Pan I have used in the Video from Amazon here.
If you love the recipes, do share it with your friends and family. Also, like us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Whatsapp. Pin us on Pinterest, we would love to hear from you do leave your comments below. You can also subscribe to Our WhatsApp Recipe broadcast for Free by messaging Subscribe on +91-8368756817
Paneer Stuffed Chur Chur Naan
To Make Chur-chur Naan
- 2 Cups Maida/ white flour
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ¼ cup fresh Yogurt
- 2 tablespoon Ghee
- 1 cup Warm Milk
To Make Paneer Stuffing
- 1 cup Grated Paneer
- 1 cup Onion chopped
- Coriander leaves
- Mint Leaves
- 1 teaspoon grated Ginger
- 1 teaspoon Green chillies
- 1 teaspoon Crushed Coriander
- ½ teaspoon Chaat Masala
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Red Chili Powder
- ½ teaspoon roasted Cumin Powder
- 1 teaspoon Ajwain
Steps to Make Naan
- Wash your hands clean and then take a plate where you can easily mix maida or white flour. Now, add 2 cups of white flour or maida in it.
- Add 1 teaspoon of sugar, 1 teaspoon baking soda, ¼ teaspoon of salt on the maida.
- After the salt, add ¼ teaspoon of fresh yogurt, 2 tablespoon ghee and stir them using your hands.
- In order to dough the maida add 1 cup of warm milk in the white flour.
- Now, using your hands gently make a dough of the mix. Knead the dough with your hands for at least 10 minutes till the dough is smooth and soft and it is not sticking on your hands anymore.
- After kneading the dough for 9-10 minutes, cover all sides of the dough with clean moist cloth for an hour or 45 mins.
- After covering the dough with a moist cloth for an hour, take out the dough from the moist cloth, knead it slightly to remove any air present in the dough. Place it on a flat wooden desk (to make the naan)
- Knead the dough to make a circle. Now, apply ghee on the opposite sides of the dough and then fold it. Repeat the process, the idea is to spread the ghee in layers in the dough. Repeat the process for one more time. Folding the dough will give you flaky layers.
- After that knead the dough and put it on a plate or dash in such a way that you can easily cut the pieces of dough with a knife. (you can take sizes of the dough as per your liking)
- Now, take one piece of the dough in your hand, pinch sides of the dough and make a basket of it. After making a basket, roll the dough to make a circle. Repeat the same process with all the dough pieces.
- Cover the dough pieces with a moist cloth for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes take them out and spread maida on the wooden desk and roll the dough and add the paneer filling in it.
- After adding the paneer filling in the dough, flatten it with your hands, use ghee to flatten the dough with your hands.
- After the dough is flattened in shape then spread some coriander leaves and ajwain on one side of the dough. Flatten the dough some more so that the coriander leaves and ajwain are mixed in the dough.
- Sprinkle some water on the other side of the naan so that it sticks on the tawa. When it is done carefully place the naan on the pan.
Steps to Tawa Cook The Naan
- After 2 minutes, hold the tawa side and put it upside down the flame. The side of the naan needs to be cooked by the flame.
- Carefully cook all the sides of the naan by holding the tawa upside down. Keep the flame on medium.
- Using a spatula, take out the naan when it's cooked.
- You will see the beautiful chur-chur (layers) of the naan. Pour an ample amount of ghee on the naan and serve with green chutney.
Steps to Make the Stuffing for Chur Chur Naan
- Take a bowl and add 1 cup grated paneer in it.
- After that add 1 cup chopped onion, coriander leaves, mint leaves and 1 teaspoon grated ginger in it.
- After that add 1 teaspoon chopped green chilies, 1 teaspoon crushed coriander, ½ teaspoon of chaat masala, salt to taste, 1 teaspoon red chili powder and ½ teaspoon roasted cumin powder in the bowl.
- After adding all the ingredients mix them well using a spoon. (You can use your hands too in order to mix the filling properly)
- After the ingredients are mixed properly, keep them aside.