Simple easy and super quick buttermilk waffles recipe, if that’s what you are looking for. this butter milk waffle recipe is just that.
If you love waffles and want them for breakfast too often but hesitate because waffles everyday are not really healthy, there is good news I am sharing few healthy waffle recipes which you can enjoy totally guilt free. But before that let me share a classic buttermilk waffle recipe with a fantastic buttery flavour and has never failed to please till now.
After trying out various combinations of the ingredients and ingredients I finally tried my own mix based upon the instincts tried it few times during recipe testing this one worked perfectly and till now remains my no fail way to cook super fluffy inside and crisp outside waffles.
How Can You Take it from Delicious To Awesome
You can serve these buttermilk waffles with toppings of your choice. Sliced Bananas and honey or caramel sauce, or berries with dark chocolate sauce is what we love most here at my home. But there can be endless combinations as far as toppings for waffles are concerned.
Even plain buttermilk waffles with maple syrup taste divine. You can experiment with various flours and make the savoury waffles which I often make. One such savoury sabudana waffle recipe you can check here.
Last month when I was in Paris I found out a small place near our place that had some amazing varieties of waffles. And I could persuade the chef to share some of her tips to whip up some of her best sellers.
Tips for Making Best ButterMilk waffles
- If you are wondering how to keep them fluffy inside? It’s the same old trick that you use to make any cake soft and fluffy, Separate the egg whites and yolks, add the yolks to the wet ingredients, whip the egg whites to soft peaks, and then fold them into the batter.
- Do not overmix the batter, It results in tough, dense waffles so if you want to keep them soft and fluffy just mix them to blend and no more. Also while folding in egg whites do so with help of rubber spatula and keep your movement gentle.
- While this may not be one of those healthiest recipes which I usually make but it sure is something that we indulge once in a while, and it makes a great weekend breakfast when you sit together and enjoy the goodness of crispy and soft waffles drenched in chocolate sauce.
- Waffle Press I am Using at Home is given below.
Buttermilk Waffle Recipe
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 5 grams baking powder
- 4 grams baking soda
- pinch salt of
- 1 eggs large , separated
- 2 Tbsps Butter
- 2 Tbsps sugar powdered
- 1 cup butter milk
- 5 ml Vanilla extract
- currants strawberry chocolate syrup Fruits of your choice I used Red , and
- Preheat waffle maker and also at the same time preheat the oven.
- In a large bowl, combine the all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Take another large bowl and mix together the egg yolks, butter, sugar, buttermilk, and vanilla extract until well blended.
- Now Pour these wet ingredients into the bowl that contains flour mix and mix gently until smooth batter forms .
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg whites till soft peaks.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently fold the egg whites into the waffle batter. Do not over mix as that might deflate the waffles.
- Pour ½ cup of the batter into each side of the waffle maker and close the lid.
- Cook the waffles util golden brown and crisp, time depends on the power of your waffle iron, mine takes 5 minutes
- Take out the waffle from waffle iron and transfer the cooked waffles to the wire rack and place that in preheated oven for 3-4 minutes
- Serve the waffles immediately with butter and honey/maple syrup, or your choice of toppings as I have mentioned above.