Crispy Okra recipe in the microwave, easy and delicious okra recipe ever. If eating slimy okra is not your thing, then this crispy okra recipe is just you would love. The best thing about this is You can make crispy okra recipe without deep frying.
Crispy Okra/Kurkuri bhindi is actually a deep frying recipe in which bhindi or okra is coated with spices and gram flour/besan and then deep fried. In the process, it absorbs lots of oil which most of us don't like to consume on the everyday basis.
I simply love okra, but too much oil in the cooking the okra was always a deterrent. So in this recipe I cook it in the microwave and made kurkuri bhindi without besan, results were almost same, if not better. This recipe of bhindi can be made very quickly in a microwave oven or regular oven. You just need to spend few minutes on actual preparation, place the dish in the microwave for the cooking.
Kurkuri in Hindi means crisp and Bhindi is Okra or ladies finger so it literally means crispy okra. Kurkuri bhindi is easy bhindi or okra fry recipe which can be served as a snack or as a side dish with chapati paratha or rice. Also, this is no onion and no garlic recipe for the days when some of you don't use that in the kitchen.
I know people are very particular about the kind of texture especially when it comes to bhindi or okra. Some like it soft stir fry and some like it super crisp almost like chips, I belong to the latter group who like it super crisp, while husband and son like it well done, not too soft or too crisp.
Tips to Make Bhindi better
- Cooking okra is super simple once you get past from that slimy texture.
- To remove the slime from okra, drying them before cooking is a most important step.
- Pat the okra dry with a kitchen towel and preferably keep it in open for 20 minutes before you cook it.
- Adding acid in form of either lemon, 1 tablespoon of yogurt or mango powder/amchur powder can help to remove slime from the bhindi if you are making kurkuri Bhindi in a pan.
So here is my way of cooking kurkuri bhindi in the microwave. With this recipe, you can enjoy kurkuri bhindi without frying and totally guilt free. if you love okra or bhindi you may like to see How to make bharawan bhindi recipe as well.
Kurkuri Bhindi Recipe Video in Hindi
- 800 grams okra bhindi/lady finger
- 3 tablespoon Oil
- ½tsp turmeric powder haldi
- 1.5 teaspoon red chili powder lal mirch powder
- 2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 2 teaspoon dry mango powder (amchur powder
- salt as per taste
- Wash bhindi in water for 3-4 times. Pat dry with a kitchen towel. Slice the bhindi vertically into two halves.
- Now in a mixing bowl take the sliced okra/bhindi. Add oil and all the spice powders and salt one by one
- With a spoon or spatula, mix the spice powders with the okra/Bhindi.
- Grease an oven proof dish with some oil or oil spray.
- Empty out okra/bhindi in this ovenproof dish and microwave on high for 10 minutes and then medium for 5-7 minutes.
- Serve kurkuri bhindi as it is or if you want you could garnish bhindi with sliced ginger and chopped green chilis.