Curd sandwich or yogurt sandwich is healthy Indian sandwich recipe. It is a perfect sandwich recipe for lunch box. Hung curd, mixed with colorful vegetables seasonings and cheese makes an excellent curd sandwich spread. Eat them toasted or as it is, either way, the curd sandwich taste great!
If you are vegetarian or tired of eating bread omelette for breakfast, you will love this hung curd sandwich. It has the best of both worlds- taste, and nutrition. It is summertime and all of us do not forget to keep out the dahi ka Jaman (yogurt culture for starting a new batch of homemade yogurt) to make the dahi/curd/yogurt for the next day.
This is actually a recipe that my Mom adapted from my Fauji mess Recipe of Dahi ke Sholey. She did not want to deep fry the bread and liked the filling. And I loved it more than the recipe that it draws inspiration from. we also call it Dahi wale bread. We simply love these Indian Sandwiches. If you like this yogurt/curd/dahi sandwich you may like this, Dahi ke Kabab Indian Tawa Masala grilled cheese or Chilli cheese sandwich toast
Yogurt or dahi is well known for its cooling properties and health benefits. Normally people serve curd with lunch or dinner but it is a great breakfast or evening snack substitute as well.
I make curd sandwich for packed lunch or an evening snack. This is an easy lunch box sandwich recipe which kids love. As a Mom, I always had it on my cheat sheet for feeding vegetables and milk substitute to kids. A sandwich that my kids loved and still love.
Remember ladies to show this to your husbands and even children so that they don’t feel lost in your absence. In fact, take the role of kitchen’s king, and for a change, you can enjoy a delicious plate of the sandwich while doing what you would love. This is an excellent Kids Lunch box recipe. You can pack this as a grilled/toasted sandwich. If you feel that will be a slightly soggy pack it as it is without grilling. Kids will love to eat this lunch box.
How to Make Hung Curd for the Curd Sandwich
Curd Sandwich Recipe Video
Have you tried this recipe?
- 400 g curd/yogurt
- 1/4 cup Green bell pepper/capsicum
- 1/4 cup tomato chopped
- tsp ½pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 green chili chopped
- 1 leaves Tbsp Mint chopped
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder
- 8 Bread slice
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- Strain the water from the curd by placing it on a strainer over a bowl or hanging the curd in a muslin cloth.
- In a mixing bowl take this thick hung curd.
- Add chopped capsicum, tomatoes and green chili.
- Season the mix with salt, red chili and pepper.
- Give everything a good mix a good mix and keep the curd and vegetable sandwich spread aside.
- For making sandwich take a bread slice, spread 2 spoons of curd sandwich spread over it.
- Cover it with another bread slice and trim off the hard edges of the bread and cut it into two slices.
- Spread some butter on grill or griddle and when it starts to melt place the sandwich over the griddle and toast till golden brown.
- Turn it over and cook the other side as well.
- Cook all the sandwiches like this and enjoy the crisp curd sandwich with green chutney or tomato ketchup.
- Store your hung curd in the fridge for some time before use.
- You can store the sandwich filling in your refrigerator and use it later.
- You can add any seasonal vegetables and prepare your version of this sandwich.
- If you are a vegan, you can use cashew milk, peanut milk or soy milk for making the hung curd and do not miss out sinking your teeth in this absolutely scrumptious Curd sandwich.