Paratha for the breakfast excites us no other flatbread can. These leftover Dal and methi paratha is a perfect way to use up any leftover dal in your fridge. Add some fresh methi leaves or frozen ones and few spices and herbs for the taste. Dal Paratha makes a simple but very tasty breakfast or lunch or dinner.
A hearty and tasty breakfast, We love the dal and methi paratha for any meal of the day. You can serve this as a tasty breakfast with pickle and some plain curd/yogurt. When I am serving it for a meal like lunch or dinner I serve it with a curry. These dal parathas are not only tasty but very nutritious.
I love cooking paratha with ghee, I use minimal amount but dal paratha tastes amazing with ghee. If you do not like the taste of ghee or do not eat ghee, you can substitute it with vegetable oil. For making vegan dal paratha, you can just use oil to cook it and serve it with pickle a hot cup of tea. It also pairs well with any vegan curry of your choice.
Variations of Dal and Methi Paratha
- To make the leftover dal paratha tastier, you can mix chopped onions as well. But I used my Punjabi dal tadka which already has lots of onion In the tempering so I skipped adding the extra onion.
- I used leftover langarwali dal you can use any cooked dal/dhal you have.
- If you do not have fresh methi/fenugreek you can use frozen methi.
- If you do not have methi or do not like it, you can make these with spinach or other grated vegetables.
- The same dough can be used to make a whole wheat tortilla for making wraps, burritos, and tacos. Dal tortillas are way tastier and healthier than a regular whole wheat tortilla.