Dry fruit milkshake recipe is quite simple and fairly easy, the only thing you need to advanced soaking time for nuts and dry fruits. You can choose your favorite dry fruits and nuts. I have used here a mix of Almonds (badam), cashew, Apricots (Khubani) and Pistachio (Pista). For flavoring, the dry fruit milkshake I used saffron (Kesar) and Cardamom (Elachi) which complements the richness of dry fruits beautifully.
Flavored milk drinks are hugely popular in India, and I can perfectly understand why? because at one point in time during our growing up years these flavored drinks were the only way I and my younger would drink milk. SO Mom would keep experimenting with different flavors of the milkshakes.
Thandai, Rose milkshake, Rooh afza milkshake, dry fruits milkshakes, mango milkshake and Cold coffee shake were few that never failed to work with us both sisters. Till the day I prefer to add some kind of flavor to the milk over drinking milk plain. I am sure there are many kids out there like me and my sister used to be.
Especially if you are making a milkshake for the kids, you can definitely add rich nutrition of dry fruits and saffron to the milk which not only adds flavor but has healing properties as well. You can also try Blueberry and Banana Smoothie milkshake,
If you like to try some more milk based recipes you can try Chia seeds and chocolate pudding, Carrot Kheer, Healthy Hot Chocolate With Richness of Hazelnuts, chia seeds and berry pudding, Paneer and rasgulle ki kheer, Laddoo and Kheer Cups
DID YOU COOK this recipe
- 2 cup milk
- 9-10 cashew nuts
- 9-10 almonds
- 7-8 Apricots dried
- 8-9 Pistachios
- 5-6 in Saffron thread more if you use themgarnish
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- 2-3 tbsp sugar
- Chop apricots, almonds and cashew in water overnight in the fridge.
- Blend the soaked apricots, cashew, almonds, raisins and pistachios to a smooth paste.
- Add the rest of the milk, sugar, saffron and cardamom powder and blend in a blender along with dry fruits paste.
- Pour into tall glasses and serve the chilled dry fruit milkshake.
- Garnish with chopped nuts and saffron threads and serve chilled in summers and as hot drink in winters