Dry soya chaap recipe Afghani kabab style. Good high protein snack or Veg Meal soya chaap is a delicious vegan protein option. You can make this dry soya chaap recipe for snack and appetiser. There is another version of soya chaap gravy on the website too.
When I posted the recipe of soya malai chaap curry on the blog, many of you requested for the dry street style Tandoori malai cheap recipe which is also known as Afghani soya chaap. For making Afghani soya chaap the soya chaap is marinated in a marinade made with yogurt/curd, cream and spices and then cooked in a tandoor (clay oven fired with coal/charcoal).
Since I don’t have a tandoor at home I normally make this Afghani chaap in regular OTG or sometimes when in hurry I cook the dry soya malai cheap in a pan or tava. This tastes more like a veg kabab.
In this video recipe of Afghani soya malai chaap, I cooked them in a cast iron pan. Cooking in heavy bottomed cast iron pan helps in uniform cooking. I also cover the pan for a few minutes because it helps in cooking the soya chaap inside out. You can also grill the soya chaap in a regular oven.
I usually marinate the cheap for 1-2 hours for good absorption of spices and flavours. But you can always keep them for more or less time. Sometimes I marinate the soya champ for even a day in advance. You can cut them into small pieces or just cook them on the stick that’s your own choice. I usually let them on the stick because of the ease of eating.
If you are looking for some protein-rich snack or appetisers, this soya chaap can be a great tasty snack option for vegetarians. I usually serve these with sliced onion/chopped salad, mint chutney. At the end of cooking, sprinkle some chaat masala and a generous squeeze of lime makes it all the more interesting and taste like regular street style Afghani soya chaap.
You may also like to try other soya recipes from the blog Veg Soya keema curry, Malai Soya Chap gravy or other quick snack and appetiser ideas.
Dry Soya Chaap Recipe / Afghani Style Soya Chaap Recipe Video in Hindi
Dry Soya Chaap Recipe - Afgani Soya Chaap
- 750 g Soya chaap
- ¼ cup yogurt curd
- ¼ cup cashew paste+milk cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- Salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala powder
- 2 tablespoon Oil
- Wash and dry all soya chaaps along with sticks.
- Now marinate the soya chaap with yogurt, cashew paste, cream and lemon juice along with all the spices.
- Cover and keep them in fridge for 1-2 hrs.
- Now heat a thick bottomed pan or thick tava, heat it and add 1tbsp oil.
- Place soya chaap in it cook for few minutes on each side while rolling it in between and covered cooking for few minutes in between.
- If you want to cook soya chaap in air fryer, preheat the air fryer for few 3-4 minutes and then cook for 6-7 minutes.
- In oven, brush the soya chaap with some oil and cook at 200C in grilling mode.
- Serve with Mint chutney and a small salad.