A chocolate chip muffin recipe, easy, made from scratch. A choco chip recipe easy and almost fail proof homemade chocolate chip muffin recipe for beginners in baking.
I have tried many choco chip recipes but finally settled on this particular chocolate chip recipe. Mainly because this one is very forgiving if you don’t mess up majorly. I tried to make this fairly simple and gives softest and moist muffins with a perfect muffin top that has golden crust outside.
It is basic batter recipe which you can use for any berry muffin too. I have added just vanilla flavour you can add cinnamon too which tastes great as well. Between you are using vanilla make sure to use vanilla extract over synthetic vanilla essence. It makes a world of difference in the taste of these chock chip muffin recipe or any other recipe.
The choco chip muffins have a perfect crumb that is moist and fluffy. The secret of perfect texture of these muffins is use of cream and butter milk which keeps it light and fluffy. Also I have used mini choco chips for these muffins because larger ones or regular chocolate chips tend to settle in the bottom. These remain properly divided in the choco chip muffin. So you get burst of chocolate chip taste in every bite.
As I said before this is standard batter for muffins, you can add your choice of add ons. Also, when you are making homemade chocolate chip muffins you can decide the size, so no more worries about calories in chocolate chip muffins. You can make bakery style jumbo muffins, make bakery style muffins in paper liners or mini chocolate chip muffins which I feel perfect to serve with tea.
This chocolate chip muffin recipe makes 6 Jumbo muffins or 6 Medium bakery style muffins + 6 Mini muffins or 18 Mini Muffins
- 1 cup all purpose flour 125g, leveled cup
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- teaspoon ¼baking soda
- teaspoon ¼cream of tarter
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter 55g . approx
- ½ cup powdered sugar 100g
- 1 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup light cream
- 3 Tbsp buttermilk
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and cream of tarter. Set aside.
- In another bowl with an electric beater beat the butter on medium high speed until creamy and lightened up; 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the sugar and beat together until it becomes light in texture 2-3 minutes.
- Add whole egg and mix.
- Add in the vanilla and beat together for one minute.
- On low speed of electric beater, add in one half of the flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Now ddd in cream and lightly mix until mixed.
- Add in butter milk mix and add rest of the flour, Mix until combined.
- Add in Chico chips, I used mini chocolate chip because if you use regular coco chips they tend to settle in bottom.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using an ice cream scoop, fill the paper cups that I made using parchment page (bakery style) or line muffin tray with muffins /cupcake liners (the way I used mini cupcakes in video).
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the top are light golden and spring back when you touch it. Bake mini muffins for 8-10 minutes.
- Allow muffins to cool slightly before serving.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.