Egg Fried rice recipe, Simple easy and quick one pot meal on its own. Pair this egg fried rice Indian way with your choice of curry or raita and it makes a scrumptious easy weeknight Indian meal.
Egg fried Indian style is a great way to use the leftover rice and few vegetables if some are leftover in your fridge. This is basically pretty much clean your fridge type of recipe. So you can use any vegetables of your choice.
I had few colored bell peppers in my fridge this time, but you can use whichever vegetable you have in the fridge. Broccoli, zucchini, cabbage, celery, peppers, cauliflower basically whatever vegetable you have or you like to eat.
You can make egg fried rice easy and quick, it just takes 20 minutes if you have leftover rice with you. You can use any variety of rice but I mostly make egg fried rice with basmati rice because that’s what I usually cook at home and also brown rice sometimes.
So you can make them with white rice or brown rice, long grain or short grain. Personally, I like to use long grain rice for making Indian style egg fried rice. If I am making Chinese style egg rice then, of course, I prefer short grain rice.
Tips for Making Easy and Quick Egg Fried Rice Indian Style
- Leftover rice is always a better choice than freshly cooked rice because the grain doesn’t stick together and stay separated. However, when you are using leftovers take care tp store them properly in the fridge.
- Always keep some chopped up vegetables in the fridge, not only for this egg fried rice recipe but it makes life easier as you can use them in a variety of dishes.
- Preferably use a non-stick pan that way it uses up less oil and egg or rice won’t stick to the bottom of the pan and rice grain won’t become mushy.
- When cooking vegetables don’t overcook them that way they still retain a little bit crunchy and taste great with soft cooked eggs and rice.
Egg Fried Rice Indian Video Recipe in Hindi
So this Easy Egg fried rice Indian -style is a super delicious one pot meal which can be made with leftovers in your fridge. If you like rice recipes you can try other Rice recipes like Raw Mango and Spinach rice, Schezwan Fried rice, Egg dum biryani, Hyderabadi chicken Biryani etc.
I hope you liked the recipe and will try it at your home too. Also, I am excited to share with you that mytastycurry.com now has it’s own youtube channel (DO subscribe it here). On this new channel where you can watch and learn recipes in quick video formats which I shot in a simple no frill manner easy manner to keep the focus on food and recipe.
- 1 Tsp Oil
- 2 green chilli chopped
- 1/4 onion chopped
- 1/2 Mixed bell peppers chopped
- 1/2 cup Cooked rice
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves
Heat up the oil in a pan and add chopped green chili
Allow it cook for few seconds and add chopped onion followed by green yellow and red bell peppers.
Cook them for 2-3 minutes and add 2 eggs.
Cook the eggs while continuously stirring them when the eggs start to set add cooked rice to the pan.
Cook them for 4-5 minutes till eggs are cooked and rice are heated through.
Add chopped coriander leaves and Enjoy it hot.