Eggless cake that is light, moist with a tender crumb. This eggless cake recipe is incredibly easy to bake, and requires minimal ingredients. A slice of this teacake is perfect for tea time or any time. You can make this homemade eggless cake without eggs from scratch.
This old fashioned eggless tea cake is light, fluffy, simple to make and incredibly delicious on its own. I do love regular cakes but this is the one I make for my mom who does not eat eggs.
To make this cake I use my regular recipe, I substitute eggs with condensed milk and make other minor adjustments to make this eggless cake recipe condensed milk.
Why is this eggless cake one of Most favourite Tea cakes ever!
I love good old fashioned cakes, fruit cake, plum cake, any simple tea cake is ideal for me. Occasionally those slathered with frosting or glazed cakes also taste good but in general, give me a piece of a simple well-made slice of cake or a coffee cake with a steaming hot cup tea or coffee and I am a happy woman.
I personally prefer such cakes without glaze or icing and this one is very easy to bake no whisking is required It's just one bowl and dump it all kind of recipe and see how beautiful and tender the cake crumb is. It has a delicate flavour of saffron and cardamom.
A generous slather of cream cheese or honey or both makes it just extra special.
How to Make Eggless Cake
Ingredients for Eggless Cake
Pantry: All-purpose flour, Baking powder, Powdered sugar, Baking soda, Salt, Saffron,Cardamom powder
Dairy: Butter, Condensed milk,
Nuts: Walnuts, Cranberries
So let's make this eggless cake filled with Indian flavours of saffron and cardamom cranberry and walnut cake. At the end of this post, I am answering a few commonly asked questions regarding baking the best eggless cakes.
In case you have any query which is not answered, do write to me in the comments. I will be glad to answer them.
Watch Step by Step Video
Recipe notes and Baking Tips
- Make sure all your ingredients are at room temperature. It helps to get the good texture of the cake because we are not using eggs.
- I had added 3 tablespoon of sugar in this teacake which gives it just a moderately sweet taste. If you like your cake sweeter add 2 tablespoon more.
- While adding sugar take into consideration that we have added condensed milk which is already sweetened.
- I pretty much dump all ingredients one by one into a bowl and mix them to make this cake. Simply mix the ingredients with a spatula and you are good to go.
- Do not over beat the cake batter when you are making it without eggs because it sometimes makes the cake sink in the middle.
- Make sure to preheat the oven to keep the top of eggless cake even after baking.
- I do not glaze it at all, you can glaze it with simple syrup if you want to.
Some Commonly Asked Questions While Baking Cake without Eggs
How can I make my eggless cake moist and fluffy?
To make your eggless cake moist and fluffy light, moist cake with a tender crumb use either baking soda or vinegar along with regular cake ingredients. Use any of these and your eggless cake will always be fluffy and moist.
How do you make a cake without eggs from scratch?
To make the cake without eggs from scratch you can use either of these to replace eggs. You can substitute eggs with either yogurt, applesauce, condensed milk or banana. In this eggless teacake, I have used condensed milk and baking soda for a proper spongy and moist cake.
What To Serve with this Eggless cake?
You can simply enjoy a slice of cake with tea or coffee. Or do it like I did Serve it with some cream cheese and drizzle of honey. It’s bliss! Try it.
More Such Recipes to Try
Eggless Cake Cranberry Walnut Cake
- 1.25 cup All purpose flour
- ⅓ cup Butter
- ½ cup Condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons Powdered sugar
- ⅓ cup Milk
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking soda
- ⅕ teaspoon Salt
- ½ cup Walnuts
- ¼ cup Cranberries
- ½ teaspoon Cardamom powder
- 10-12 Saffron
- In the mixing bowl first sift together all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt
- With a spatula again mix all of these ingredients. Next, add in sugar. Use powdered sugar. I am using a lesser amount of sugar than regular because I am using condensed milk to make this cake and that also contains sugar.
- Mix in the sugar with the flour mix Add in the melted butter, condensed milk and mix with a spatula to mix melted butter and condensed milk with the flour mixture.
- This mixture is thick after mixing. Now I am adding in the milk. Again mix with the spatula to incorporate milk in the cake batter. Make sure the batter is smooth after mixing.
- Now add in the cranberries, walnuts and incorporate into the batter as well.
- To flavour, the cake adds in saffron and cardamom powder and mix well.
- The batter is ready. Now take a cake tin which is coated with butter
- and pour the cake batter into the cake tin. spread the batter nicely and evenly into the cake pan, tap it gently to spread evenly.
- Now top it with some crushed walnuts to give the top a crunchy texture taste and bake the cake in a preheated at 170C for 20-22minutes.
- Different oven's work differently so I suggest reading your oven manual and bake it at the same temperature setting in which you bake a basic vanilla cake.
- The cake is ready to allow this to cool down first and then take it out of the cake tin and cut into slices and enjoy it with tea or coffee.