This is best homemade chocolate cake ever. Yes! If you love old-fashioned chocolate cakes and are a lazy baker like me, this is one of the best and easiest chocolate recipe ever. All it takes it just dumping the ingredients together and baking them. After which you can choose to eat it like that or make a beautiful chocolate frosting in just a few minutes.
You must be wondering why all of sudden I have started making so many cakes? You know I usually don’t cook/bake anything that takes me more than 30 minutes or 40 Minutes max. And cakes! They take hours :(. Even though I love cakes whipping the batter for long times is exactly not my thing so I simply skipped making homemade cakes till I started using a stand mixer.
After getting the stand mixer in my kitchen, making cakes, pastries and homemade bread seems like a breeze now and that’s why I am making them more often these days. Is there anything better than best tasting chocolate cake? I don’t think so. Sorry! But I am all for homemade food where I can control and know what goes inside my food as far as possible. Indulgence sometimes is good too 🙂 of course we all know that chocolate is good for us … Don’t we 😀
Last month I shared this fail-proof simple homemade sandwich bread recipe made using Morphy Richards Stand Mixer for you and many of you asked me for the easy eggless chocolate cake recipe. So I am sharing this super simple and moist eggless chocolate cake recipe which again I made using Morphy Richards stand Mixer. In case you want to check out the homemade bread recipe you can get it here.
Originally I used to make this chocolate cake in a bowl. In that method, I had to whip butter, sugar etc. which is a lengthy and labor-intensive process and it would take forever. But now with a stand mixer in my kitchen, it becomes a breeze all I have to do now is just add all the ingredients in the mixer and run it in normal mode for few minutes. At the touch of a button, my cake batter is ready in just a few minutes. All I do after that is bake it and serve the rich, moist and a luxurious chocolate cake which you can serve as it is.
If you are feeling indulgent you can whip up my super easy recipe for chocolate frosting and cover the cake with luxurious layers of more chocolate. In a stand mixer, you can make a delicious frosting with the whipping cream.
In this recipe, I made a chocolate cake and covered it with homemade chocolate frosting. And no I still did not make fancy schmancy designs while frosting. Just slathered it with a good covering of chocolate frosting because I just don’t have the patience to spend hours doing that! And especially when a quick decadent chocolate cake is concerned.
Disclaimer: This post comes in collaboration with Morphy Richards India and stand Mixer is sent to me for the review. You can check more about the Morphy Richards stand Mixer here
Eggless Chocolate Cake Recipe Video
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour ⅓ Cup unsweetened cocoa powder 1teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup teaspoon baking soda ¼vegetable oil
- 40 g Butter 1 teaspoons vanilla extract ½ cup water hot
- ½ cup milk
- For Chocolate Frosting Optional
- 200 ml whipping cream
- ¼ cup castor sugar
- ¼ cup dark cocoa powder
- Cream butter, sugar and oil together in the stand mixer bowl which is fitted with paddle attachment.
- Add flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, soda bicarb, milk, vanilla extract, hot water all together, and mix them at a speed of two for 2-3 minutes.
- In the meanwhile Preheat the oven at 170C or about 340F.
- Line the baking pan with a parchment paper at the bottom. Pour the batter into a 10-inch baking tin lined with parchment paper and bake for 25-30 minutes till the toothpick inserted into cake tin comes out clean.
- Allow it to cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes before serving.
- If you are making the frosting, In the stand mixer bowl add whipping cream, castor sugar, and cocoa powder together and whip with the balloon whisk attachment that comes with the Morphy Richards stand mixer.
- Slather the whipping cream over the cake and add some good quality grated dark chocolate over the frosting.
- Chill it in fridge for 30 minutes or so before serving and enjoy the moist eggless dark chocolate cake.