Eggless Muffin recipe: Buttery, fluffy and a perfectly risen Blueberry and Choco chip muffin recipe in Microwave. This eggless recipe of choco chip blueberry muffins tastes absolutely divine and is baked in convection mode on the microwave.
It is a super easy eggless baking recipe, ideal to make with your kids. All it takes is just in 20 minutes for baking and 10-15minutes for mixing and prep. Kids love these muffins as a lunch box treat and celebration goodie bags gifts. And I still have to see Adults who are not happy with this delicious treat. We love muffins with tea or coffee.
These days I prefer to bake in the microwave. In fact why baking I am loving to cook everything in the microwave. From making traditional Suji halwa, stuffed tomatoes to tandoori paneer tikka in LG Smart inverter Microwave. And since then I am trying out its easy auto cook menus. This time while baking these muffins I decided to try the manual mode. There is an autocook menu for making muffins but since I wanted to try baking on manual mode.
Blueberry and chocolate are two of the most loved muffin recipes and I happen to love both! So naturally, the first eggless baking recipe that I thought was a combination of two of my most favourite muffin recipes. These eggless Blueberry and chocolate chip muffins are the results. You can use fresh dried blueberries and a jar full of lovely choco chips. What was next, a classic blueberry and choco chip muffin!
I whipped up the batter in hardly 5 minutes and next 20 minutes for baking. Also, I used these silicon cups for baking muffins which also came as a starter kit with the LG microwave. They were easy to use and muffins slide ever so easily.
A few things to keep in mind while baking muffin is, the time and baking mode precision. With the new technology upgrades, everything is simplified. Even a kid can make these muffins with the auto cook menu (number 46 in the kids' delight section) of the LG microwave. You can also find other such popular Indian recipes in the auto cook menu, such as corn aloo tikki, gajar ka halwa, sooji ka halwa, tandoori paneer tikka, tandoori gobhi, stuffed tomatoes, crispy okra and many more such recipes.
You can make them too and enjoy them warm for a delightful experience every once in a while like us. When you are in a hurry you can opt to make 2 minutes brownie in a mug or a 2 minutes omelette in a mug.
You can cook, grill or bake in the microwave and pretty much all dishes including curries can be cooked in the microwave. When we are talking about baking in the microwave, there are few things that you must keep in mind.
How to use Microwave in baking
Many of you asked me for eggless cake recipe as well as baking in the microwave. Microwave baking is almost similar to regular baking in the oven. While baking, you have to use convection mode, of LG microwave. You can use regular metal baking tins in the microwave only in this mode. You can also use baking glassware, silicon moulds and other ovens safe bakeware.
Two things are important while baking in the microwave. First take care to use convection mode on the microwave when you bake in the microwave, second temperature which you set while baking. Just like regular oven you need to preheat the microwave before baking cakes, muffins, pizza as per recipe requirements.
Preheating microwave takes just 5 minutes. Set the temperature by adjusting the knobs and preheat to required temperature as per recipe. In this eggless muffin recipe, I preheated the microwave on convection mode at 180C first.
Microwave Muffins Video Recipe
Things to take Care while Baking Eggless Muffins
- The batter consistency is different for a cake, a muffin and a cupcake. For a muffin as this- the consistency will be slightly thick like dollops.
- Never flatten the top of the batter filling in the cups with your spoons or spatula, as it will make them flat and never fill the cupcake liner up to the brim.
- You can even out the batter of a cake if you want, with a butter knife, to make a ‘flat base’ cake.
- If you put blueberries on top of the batter they will burn. So it is always suggested to mix them in the batter.
- Always preheat the microwave on convection before baking anything. This helps to get a great desired texture.
You can make a muffin in about 2-5 minutes on microwave high mode like a 1-minute microwave mug cake, for a crispy crummy muffin with well-cooked texture, it is suggested to cook them in microwave convection mode for 15-20 minutes depending on the weight.
Eggless Microwave Muffins - Choco chip and Blueberry Muffins
- 1 cup Maida
- 100 grams butter
- ⅕ cup choc chips
- ⅕ cup Walnuts
- ⅕ cup Dried blueberry
- ¼ cup Condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- ⅓ cup Sugar powdered
- Sieve the maida and baking powder in a bowl and keep aside.
- In another bowl, whisk the soft butter and powdered sugar.
- Pour in the condensed milk and mix.
- Pour in about 2 tablespoons of milk and mix again.
- When the batter is is smooth and airy, add in the maida in small portions at a time and keep folding it in the butter batter.
- Keep adding milk accordingly to mix the flour in the batter.
- Now add the blueberries, choco chips and walnuts and mix them in lightly.
- Pour in the vanilla essence, mix once again.
- With the help of a spatula put them in colourful silicone muffin moulds.
- Place them on microwave low rack, maintain a distance between the cups as they rise.
- Set the temp to 180* on microwave convection mode and bake for 20 minutes.