It's strawberry season in India. I just love them eating then fresh, as a sauce or in drinks, ice creams etc. But strawberries are in season for very limited time.
If you love strawberries like I do, you can still continue to enjoy the strawberries preparations for few more months by freezing the strawberries. The only thing you can't do with frozen strawberries is to eat them raw, but if you like the fresh strawberry flavor you can continue to enjoy your favorite treats with the frozen strawberries if you freeze strawberries in right way. (I hate to eat synthetic strawberry flavoured ice-cream)
Here's How to Freeze Strawberries in right way
- You can freeze whole strawberries, strawberry slices or crushed.
- If you freeze strawberries in the right way you can get the almost same taste and nutrition as a fresh strawberry.
- Please note that after you thaw these frozen strawberries the color is little darker than the fresh ones and texture is mushy
Procedure to Freeze strawberries
- Take the freshest and firm and red strawberries.
- Wash them thoroughly in the running water.
- Do not soak them in water or else these get mushy and lose their flavour and nutrition.
- Place the strawberries in a single layer onto a fresh kitchen napkin and gently pat them dry. Be gentle here but dry them completely before freezing. This will prevent crystal formation outside the strawberries.
Remove the green caps and stems from all strawberries.
- Now one by one place all of them in a freezer proof container.
- Best containers for freezing strawberries are these plastic ones or even you can store them in their original pack.
- You can even freeze them in a single layer if you feel they will clump together and later transfer them in a freezer container. This way you can ensure that you never get frozen and clumps strawberries ever.
- how to freeze strawberry in right way
- However, when I freeze them directly in a container I never have got clumped strawberries.
- You can use these dozen strawberries in making smoothies, milk shakes, mocktails, cocktails, strawberry sauce or ice creams and enjoy the fresh strawberry flavors all year around if you freeze strawberries in right way.
How to Freeze Strawberries
So what are you waiting for? It's the perfect season to freeze strawberries. If you love to eat them fresh you will love this sweet and tangy Strawberry Cheese salad . If the smoothie is what you love This Vegan Strawberry smoothie is a tasty way to boost your immunity. If you love to bake cakes this Strawberry pound cake is good way to use fresh or frozen strawberries. Strawberry froyo is another delicious dessert that you can make with frozen strawberries.