Greek Chickpeas salad is Refreshing salty with lots of Feta cheese, crunchy vegetables with Chickpeas and a super simple vinaigrette dressing makes it an easy light meal or a refreshing side dish. Yes!other than making falafel you can use chickpeas to make salad
This salad is for you if you like light, healthy and filling meals. Summer for me means indulging in meals with lots of colorful veggies that are healthy, full of fresh flavors and take less than 20 Minutes to put together. This is the time for which I devised 20 Minutes meal that works for me and my family.
This recipe of chickpeas salad draws inspiration from Greek chickpeas salad but I added in fresh mozzarella balls as an addition for additional texture and taste. That does make it tastier but also richer in calories too. So, it’s your call to add the additional cheese to the Greek salad or not.
Chopped tomatoes, cucumbers, crunchy lettuce add a lot of volume to the salad and chickpeas add additional fiber and protein. That makes it a satisfying and filling summer lunch salad. Walnuts add another layer of crunchiness and creamy feta with classic mustard vinaigrette add a beautiful creamy salty flavor.
DID YOU COOK this recipe
Chickpeas Salad Recipe
Greek Chickpeas Salad - Easy 20 Minute Meals
- 400 g chickpeas / kabuli chana cooked/boiled
- 1 large tomato sliced
- 1 small cucumber sliced
- 4-5 leaves fresh lettuce roughly chopped
- 5-6 Mozzarella balls
- ½ red onion finely chopped (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mustard paste
- Salt to taste
- 2 Tbsp crumbled feta cheese
- Make a salad dressing by combining olive oil, lemon juice, mustard paste, sea salt and balsamic vinegar in a small bottle. Cover and shake well. Keep aside.
- Add all sliced / chopped vegetables, chickpeas and fresh mozzarella in a bowl or deep salad plate.
- Pour salad dressing over all the ingredients. Mix well/toss well to combine.
- Top the salad with crunchy toasted walnuts and Feta cheese.
- Serve immediately.