Nuts are good for health we all know, but do you know some of them are healthier than others? Walnuts are a powerhouse as far as nuts are concerned. For years we Indian believed in the goodness of nuts, during this recent trip with California walnuts we learned a lot about healthy properties of walnuts. I am sharing some of them here in this write-up.
We all know walnuts are full of health and taste. But Do you know 1/4 cup of walnuts is sufficient to meet our daily requirement of omega-3 fats and minerals like copper, manganese etc
FEW HEALTH BENEFITS OF WALNUTS
- Walnuts are good for heart health. Walnuts contain the highest amount of alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), it is a plant-based omega-3 essential fatty acid which are good for healthy heart..
- Walnuts are one of the best plant food sources of omega-3s, 28.5g of walnuts provides 2.5 grams of ALA.
- Walnuts help in reducing certain types of cancers, especially prostrate cancer and breast cancer.
- Amino acid I arginine present in walnuts helps in reducing the risk of heart disease in people who are pre disposed towards cardiac problems.
- Walnuts are good for people with type2 diabetes and helps in controlling weight if eaten in controlled amount as they keep you feel full for longer time.
Thank you California walnuts Association for the opportunity to see how walnuts are grown processed and packaged and stored before reaching to us. It’s been a great to learn some more healthy facts about how much power Walnuts pack in terms of nutrition.
I will share more of what I learned in some of the recipes posts and recipe Videos I have created using California walnuts. Hope you all will enjoy them too.