Indian Masala omelette recipe perfect for breakfast, lunch or even dinner. You can enjoy traditional masala omelete from Indian cuisine on its own, or serve with toasted bread or paratha.
Masala omelette is the easiest meal on go for me and mostly serve it up with a side of veggies either stirred or simple green salad. WhenI am feeling more indulgent, A crispy paratha along with it serves the purpose alright. If you add vegetables, spices, and cheese of your choice as stuffing or filling it tastes even better.
The Indian masala omelete is a spicy version of the classic omelete recipe which is made at most of the places in the world. So one can say that spicy Masala Omelette is an Indian twist on the regular classic omelette.
Masala omelette is different from regular omelet in the sense that you add lots of filling inside the omelette batter, chopped onion, green chili, and lots of other spices and herbs which makes it more flavourful. And eggs are slightly more cooked than the regular classic omelette. Eggs in Indian style masala omelette are cooked till a slight crust is visible outside.
You can cook masala omelette recipe in a variety of ways. You can just add all finely chopped vegetables while you are whipping the eggs or if you are planning to use lots of them you can just add chopped onion, green chili, and seasoning to omelette batter and saute rest of the vegetables to use as stuffing or topping.
So, if you want to jazz up your basic omelette for something more flavorful, this recipe of Indian masala omelette is a perfect way to start the morning with a hearty Indian breakfast. I mostly cook this one on weekends but the one I am posting here now is cooked by the son who takes making the omelette as a very serious activity :).
He makes Indian masala cheese omelette with lots of ooyi gooyi cheese which tastes awesome and I can say easily one of the best omelettes I have eaten till now. So here goes His recipe of Masala Cheese Omelette.
Tips for Making Perfect Indian Masala Omelette
- Start with good quality fresh organic eggs as far as possible.
- Do not add too many fillings in omelet batter as that will become slightly hard to fold and breaks easily while folding as you can see in one of the omelette videos below. Just 1 or two ingredients as a filling are okay and rest can be used as toppings.
- For making omelette either use a cast iron skillet or a non-stick pan which makes it easy to flip it and forming a perfectly cooked crust that comes off easily.
- If you are cooking a classic omelette that has a custard-like consistency and is yellow in color but Indian masala omelette is slightly more cooked and has light brown spots on it.
- Actually, when it comes to eggs everyone has their personal choice some prefer it slightly creamy and some properly cooked. so go with your personal choice here, I like the eggs to be properly cooked not too raw not overcooked so the light brown crust works better for me.
If you like to try more Indian style Egg Recipes for the breakfast you might want to try Egg Bhurji Delhi Style, Mumbai Masala Scrambled Eggs, Indian-style Bread Omelette Sandwich, Parsi Akuri and more other egg recipes on my tasty curry.
DID YOU COOK this recipe