Instant pot Veggie and Quinoa soup with power-packed nutrition and a hearty taste is the perfect soup to cook and enjoy this winter.
It is an instant pot soup recipe which can be cooked in a pressure cooker too. It is gluten-free and suitable for the vegan diet if you skip the cheddar cheese.
Soup season is here already! With a slight nip in November air at our home soup season is slowly picking up at least. To tell you the truth like so many other families these days our winter dinner is mostly endless bowls of soup and hot buttered salads or grilled cheese. I feel nothing warms the belly the way soup does.
A healthy and delicious winter soup meal is a modified version of minestrone soup but with more power packed in terms of nutrition and taste. The soup recipe which I am sharing today is our all-time favorite minestrone soup. In fact, a modified version of classic minestrone soup made with quinoa. For making it whole I added more protein in form of chickpeas. Chickpeas and quinoa in the soup make it very filling and add lots of nourishment in fiber and proteins along with micronutrients.
Forget about healthy, the soup packs a lot of flavor from herbs and jalapeños. Chickpeas Quinoa adds a nice bite and interesting texture to the soup which makes it our favorite. I think this winter this one is going to top our list of soups for winter dinners. Making it in the electric pressure cooker makes it super easy, just dump all your ingredients for soup in instant pot and a delicious bowl of Veggie and quinoa soup is ready.
If you don’t have an instant pot you can simply make it in a pressure cooker. In my case, I am really obsessed with instant pot these days. During my latest travel trip I acquired a couple of them and with my slow cooker, I think my winter meals will be taken care of.
Those of you who still have not heard about instant pot this is one appliance that has taken almost whole USA by storm. I too was blown away by the functionality and practicality of the instant pot for Everyday Indian cooking (more about that in later post)
Instant Pot Veggie and Quinoa Soup Recipe
If you are a soup lover like my family and till now you have not tried other winter soup meal recipes you can try , Italian lentil soup, Roasted Tomato basil soup, khao suye soup, hot n sour soup, Sweet corn vegetable soup, cauliflower and Parmesan soup, roasted broccoli soup, Tortilla soup, spinach soup, Thai vegetable soup, cream of mushroom soup, Roasted Beetroot soup. All of these easy to cook winter soup recipes are super delicious and make use freshest winter vegetables.
Coming back to quinoa and chickpeas minestrone soup, you guys must try it once I am sure you will be hooked 🙂
If you like this recipe please do share this article on facebook twitter or google plus it keeps me encouraged to post new recipes. If you cook this recipe or any of my recipes please tag me with #MyTastyCurry I love to see how it turned out for you.
- 100 g Chopped carrots
- 70 g chopped onion
- 5 g Chopped garlic optional
- 75 g Chopped green bell peppers
- 75 g Chopped yellow bell peppers
- 75 Chopped red bell peppers
- 100 Chickpeas cooked
- 75 g quinoa
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 tsp parsley dried/fresh
- 1 tsp Mixed herbs
- Salt to taste
- 1 jalapeno finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Red chilli sauce
- 1 Tsp Red pepper flakes
- 30 g Fresh coriander
- 50 g cheddar cheese
- Start the instant pot on sauté mode and set the timer for 20 minutes.
- Heat up olive oil and add onion, sauté for 2-3 minute and add rest of the vegetables one by one.
- Add chickpeas add all spices, and chilli sauce.
- Mix them well and add chopped tomatoes.
- Sauté them for 3-4 minutes and add 2-3 cups of water.
- Close the lid of instant pot and cook on soup mode for 22 minutes.
- Now pressure is released after 22 minutes, add quinoa and close the lid of instant pot once again.
- Set it on rice mode and after finishing once again release the pressure and open the lid.
- The veggie quinoa soup is ready. Top with grated cheese and coriander leaves. Serve it hot.