Instant pot Veggie and Quinoa soup with power-packed nutrition and a hearty taste is the perfect soup to cook and enjoy this winter.
It is an instant pot soup recipe which can be cooked in a pressure cooker too. It is gluten-free and suitable for the vegan diet if you skip the cheddar cheese.
Soup season is here already! With a slight nip in November air at our home soup season is slowly picking up at least. To tell you the truth like so many other families these days our winter dinner is mostly endless bowls of soup and hot buttered salads or grilled cheese. I feel nothing warms the belly the way soup does.
A healthy and delicious winter soup meal is a modified version of minestrone soup but with more power packed in terms of nutrition and taste. The soup recipe which I am sharing today is our all-time favorite minestrone soup. In fact, a modified version of classic minestrone soup made with quinoa. For making it whole I added more protein in form of chickpeas. Chickpeas and quinoa in the soup make it very filling and add lots of nourishment in fiber and proteins along with micronutrients.
- 100 g Chopped carrots
- 70 g chopped onion
- 5 g Chopped garlic optional
- 75 g Chopped green bell peppers
- 75 g Chopped yellow bell peppers
- 75 Chopped red bell peppers
- 100 Chickpeas cooked
- 75 g quinoa
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- ½ teaspoon parsley dried/fresh
- 1 teaspoon Mixed herbs
- Salt to taste
- 1 jalapeno finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon Red chilli sauce
- 1 Tsp Red pepper flakes
- 30 g Fresh coriander
- 50 g cheddar cheese
- Start the instant pot on sauté mode and set the timer for 20 minutes.
- Heat up olive oil and add onion, sauté for 2-3 minute and add rest of the vegetables one by one.
- Add chickpeas add all spices, and chilli sauce.
- Mix them well and add chopped tomatoes.
- Sauté them for 3-4 minutes and add 2-3 cups of water.
- Close the lid of instant pot and cook on soup mode for 22 minutes.
- Now pressure is released after 22 minutes, add quinoa and close the lid of instant pot once again.
- Set it on rice mode and after finishing once again release the pressure and open the lid.
- The veggie quinoa soup is ready. Top with grated cheese and coriander leaves. Serve it hot.