Kolhapuri masala powder recipe for making Kolhapuri dishes from Maharashtrian cuisine.
Kolhapuri masala powder is masala mix used in making spicy Kolhapuri style dishes which are known for the characteristic heat of the spicy chilli.
There are two types of Kolhapuri masalas which are mainly used for making Kolhapuri dishes. From Kolhapuri chicken to Kolhapuri veg curry and another popular dish Tambada rassa, you can use either of these two types of masala. One is Kolhapuri Fresh Masala and this dry Kolhapuri masala recipe.
- 6 - 7 chilies dry red
- 50 g coconut dry (grated)
- 10 g sesame seeds
- 10 g coriander seeds
- 10 g cumin seeds
- 10 g black pepper
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 10 g poppy seeds
- 20 g chili powder Kashmiri red
- Heat up oil in the Pan and add all the whole spices in there. Don't put red chilli powder and oil at this stage.
- Keep stirring all the spices for next 5-6 minutes, so that the spices don't get burn but make sure all the spices are nicely roasted and start to emit nice aroma.
- Switch off the heat and transfer the roasted Spice and coconut to big plate and let them cool off completely.
- Now grind them along with Kashmiri red chili powder.
- Now take a glass container and transfer this masala powder in an airtight container. Preferably a glass container which is better for storage of spices.