Made with laddu and Vermicelli kheer, these Laddu and Kheer Nutty Fruity Cups are sheer delight for all who love sweets. None of the Indian festivals is complete with out traditional laddu. Laddu is an essential part of anything good or auspicious. In this recipe laddu and kheer both are given a modern presentation twist and served with a great crunch of pecans and fruity freshness of raspberries.
You could use vermicelli kheer or any other kheer recipes for the kheer layer Apple and Thandai ki Kheer , Carrot Kheer, Sabudana Kheer, Paneer ki kheer and evergreen Chawal ki Kheer or this recipe of Rice kheer .
If raspberries are not easily available to you, you can use any of your favorite fruits like kiwi, apples, pomegranate which are easily available in most of the cities. Also, you can substitute Pecans with walnuts and it still tastes delicious.
- 1 l milk
- 50 g sugar
- 10-15 saffron strands
- 1-2 pinches cardamom powder
- 75 g pecans / almonds
- 4-5 laddu
- 250 g fruit of your choice
- Heat up the milk in a thick bottomed pan and bring it to a boil.
- Now reduce the heat and add vermicelli, cook it for 6-7 minutes till it becomes soft.
- Add condensed milk along with cardamom powder and saffron thread and switch off the heat.
- Keep it inside the refrigerator for chilling.
- Crumble the laddu and equally divide it among four cups
- Now make a bottom layer of these crumbled ladies and follow it up with second layer of cooked vermicelli kheer.
- Top it up with berries and pecans. If you don’t have berries you can substitute it with any beautiful and tasty fruits as suggested above.
- Pecans can be substituted by walnuts too.