Phool makhane ki kheer is easy dessert dish made with Makhana, puffed lotus seeds or fox nuts. Delicious kheer recipe for Navratri fast.
This is a phalahari recipe which is suitable for fasting or Navratri. This delicious wand easy kheer recipe is cooked with makhana also known as fox nuts.
Makhana or phool Makhana is seed that is gluten free, high in proteins and has other health benefits as well. They make excellent snack as compared to other high calorie high fat foods. You can also make roasted Makhana in various flavours for snacking option.
Since there are already many kheer recipes on my blog and some of you asked me to post makhane ki kheer recipe for Navratri fast.
There are mainly two ways to cook this kheer. You can use whole Makhana for making the kheer. Or, you can crush it and add crushed Makhana in milk for making makhane ki kheer.
I prefer to use crushed Makhana in this Makhana kheer recipe and before adding Makhana I generally thicken the milk. Adding crushed Makhana and thickening milk makes this creamy and more rich.
So, not only in Navratri you can make this easy kheer for party or otherwise too. If you are looking for other falahari recipes for Fasting you can try sabudana khichdi , sabudana vada , sabudana waffle if you want to try something fancy.
If you want to try kheer recipes other than this Makhana kheer for dessert you can try
Makhane ki Kheer Recipe Video in Hindi
- 150 g Makhana
- 750 ml milk
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 2-3 green cardamom take out the seeds
- 2-3 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon Raisins
- 2 tablespoon pistachio chopped
- 2 tablespoon almonds chopped
- 8-9 saffron strands
- Heat ghee in a pan and add Makhana to the pan. Roast the Makhana for 5-6 minutes on slow medium heat.
- Cook them slightly and crush them slightly either with mortar and pestle or just pulse it in mixer grinder.
- Heat the milk in a pan and bring it to boil.
- Keep boiling it till it is reduced to half the quantity. Keep stirring in between and keep the heat low.
- When milk is reduced to almost half add crushed makhane and sugar .
- Cook this for 10 minutes add cardamom seeds/powder and saffron which was soaked in milk.
- Stir in to mix well and sprinkle half of the pistachio, raisins and half of the chopped almonds.
- Mix it and serve it hot or keep it in fridge for chilling if you like to serve it cold.
- Serve it in a bowl and top it with chopped pistachio and almonds.