Makhmali Paneer curry is a spicy and aromatic quick paneer dish with a vibrant color and bold flavors. It takes minutes to cook and is high on flavor. One of the quickest Paneer curry to serve with Paratha and Naan.
It is a dish that looks like palak paneer but that's where the similarity ends. When it comes to taste this makhmali paneer curry is way different from palak paneer. You can almost taste bold flavors of green chutney in the dish and that it comes together in few minutes is added advantage.
This is a recipe from Tarla Dalal that always came to my rescue whenever I wanted to cook a quick paneer dish that tastes very good. And sometimes I cook it when I have leftover green chutney in the fridge I just mix paneer, chutney, yogurt and cashew paste and cook it similar way.
Cooking for me is more about simple food that taste good than following a recipe to the T. Recipes work, they really do but so does your taste bud, if you know your ingredients you can really tweak all the recipes according to your own taste buds. That's How magic happens!
What's an Authentic recipe anyway ? What is authentic for me may not be Authentic to you. I find that thing very vague and relative. I will leave this debate for another day. Till then! lets focus on this delicious paneer curry.
Marinate the paneer and do the cooking step only when you are serving it That keeps the gravy fresh and paneer soft.
Most of the paneer curries (aka Indian cottage cheese curry) are very quick to make and yet end up being the centre of attraction on the table. Well! at least for most of the vegetarian people out there.
I know there are some paneer hater vegetarians too, for them there are many other recipes on the blog. But for now, let me focus on who share the love of a good paneer curry with this favorite of mine Makhamali Paneer Curry Aka Chutney Paneer curry.
Tips to Make Paneer Curry Tasty and Take it to Next Level
- Use Freshest Paneer Possible. Most of the times I use Soft Homemade Paneer.
- If you are using frozen Paneer defrost it first.
- Always add paneer just before serving after warming the gravy. It will stay soft in gravy that way.
Makhmali Chutney Paneer Hindi Video Recipe
If you love paneer curries you can check out other delicious Paneer curries too Paneer Kofta Curry, Paneer Tikka Masala, Aloo Matar Paneer , Methi Malai Paneer, Paneer Butter Masala, Paneer Koki , Matar Paneer, and many Paneer Recipes from my tasty curry.
Have You Tried The Makhmali Paneer Recipe ?
If you cook this recipe of Kadai Paneer and find it helpful, please do share it on your facebook, twitter or pin it on Pinterest this may help others too, and keeps me motivated to write more and share more of my recipes with you all.
- 200 g paneer cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoon Oil
- 75 g onion about half a medium onion chopped
- Salt to taste
- 2-3 tablespoon Cashew paste
- For Marinade!
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 100 g onion
- 4-5 green chilis
- 15 g ginger
- 4 tablespoon curd dahi / yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- First of all grind together the ingredient listed under the marinade and make a smooth paste.Add a tablespoon or two of water if you need to.
- Now marinate the paneer in a bowl with chutney marinade for a minimum of 30 minutes. You can do it in advance up to a day if you want to and refrigerate it till you are ready to use it.
- For cooking heat oil in the pan, add chopped onion and saute it for 2-3 minutes till it becomes translucent.
- Now add paneer along with the marinade and stir it.
- Cook for 4 minutes and add cashew paste along with salt to season it.
- Switch off the heat and serve it with hot phulka or paratha.