Mixed vegetable sabzi or mix veg recipe. It is a simple home-style Indian sabji to serve with Roti and paratha. This mix veg is a dry curry cooked with mixed vegetables and minimal spices.
The mix veg recipe is a very simple wholesome and delicious recipe especially in winters when we get very good fresh produce in North India. This dry sabzi is an Incredibly easy to cook, healthy, gluten-free and vegan recipe.
One thing I love about this recipe is, it is one of those very forgiving everything but kitchen sink types of recipes. You can practically add a little bit of this and a little bit of that from your refrigerator in this mixed vegetables sabzi recipe.
So, that makes it perfect to cook sabzi when you have those itsy bitsy leftovers just a day prior to your grocery shopping.
Why we Love this recipe?
- Incredibly easy to cook and delicious
- Vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free and gut healthy recipe.
- Can be served in a variety of ways.
- Perfect recipe to use all the itsy bitsy pieces of mix vegetables from your fridge.
Ingredients for Mix vegetable Recipe
Mixed Vegetables: Potato, cauliflower, green beans carrot green bell peppers, tomatoes
Oil: I use peanut oil or mustard oil but any vegetable cooking oil works in this sabzi.
Spices & Seasonings: Cumin seeds, coriander powder, Kashmiri chilli powder, turmeric powder, black pepper powder, garam masala powder, mango powder, Salt
Herbs & Aromatics: Ginger, coriander leaves/ cilantro leaves
How to Make Mix veg Recipe
This one mixed veg recipe is also customized according to my family's and my taste in terms of vegetables we like. The basic tadka or tempering in the curry is the same which my mom makes.
Delicious and healthy vegetables cooked with aromatic spices and Punjabi tadka is what this simple mixed vegetable curry recipe is all about.
Indian Vegetable curries are mostly gluten-free and naturally vegan with few exceptions and the vegetable sabzi too is suitable for people following a vegan lifestyle.
Recipe Notes & Tips
- If fresh veggies are not in the season you can also make this mix veg recipe with frozen mixed vegetables.
- There are so many variations when it comes to this mixed vegetables sabzi. Other than these veggies you can add any vegetable of your choice.
What To Serve with Mixed Vegetable Sabzi
- For a quick Indian meal, You can serve it Masala Paratha with some plain yogurt.
- You can serve it with Moong dal and Naan for a delicious and healthy Punjabi meal.
- You can roughly mash it and use it as a sandwich or wrap filling.
More Such Recipes
- Aloo Matar
- Aloo Gobhi Achari
- Matar Mushroom
- Punjabi Aloo Gajar Matar Sabzi
- Punjabi Matar Paneer Recipe
- Dhaba Style Mili Juli Sabzi
- Vegetable Jhalfrezi
How to make Mixed Vegetable Sabzi Recipe (Video)
If You like this recipe and made it Please rate the recipe. It helps us to reach more people. You can follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Pinterest for more food inspirations.
Mix Vegetable Sabzi Recipe - Mixed Vegetable Sabji
- 200 g potato diced
- 100 g cauliflower small florets
- 100 g green beans (french beans)
- 200 g tomato chopped
- 150 g carrot diced
- 100 g green bell pepper diced
- 2 tbsps peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon ginger finely chopped
- 2 green chilli chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon kashmiri chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon mango powder dry
- 1 teaspoon ginger juliennes
- 2 - 3 tbsps coriander leaves chopped
- Heat oil in a large pan or kadahi over medium heat.
- Add cumin seeds, when cumin starts to pop up add finely chopped ginger and finely chopped green chilli along with chopped tomatoes.
- Cook the tomatoes for 4-5 minutes over medium high heat till they start becoming pulpy. stir them once or twice and reduce the heat to minimum.
- Now add salt, kashmiri red chilli powder, black pepper powder, turmeric powder and salt. Saute them for a minute and add 3-4 tablespoon of water.
- Add all the chopped mixed vegetables other than coriander. Cover the lid and keep the heat at a minimum.
- Cook for 20 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- After 20 minutes check if vegetables are cooked through add garam masala powder and serve in a serving dish.
- Sprinkle some chopped fresh coriander leaves and serve mix vegetable sabzi with fresh paratha or Roti.
Question: Do you add amchur with garam masala?
I tried the Mixed Veg Sabzi it came out well. Thanks