Mixed vegetable sabzi or mix vegetable recipe is simple home-style Punjabi curry to serve with Roti and paratha. The mix veg recipe is very simple but it makes for a very hearty curry, especially in winters, when we get very good fresh produce in North India. Incredibly easy, healthy, glutenfree and vegan Indian curry recipe.
One thing I love about mixed vegetable sabzi recipe is, it's one of those very forgiving everything but kitchen sink types of recipes. You can practically add a little bit of this and little bit of that from your refrigerator in this mixed vegetable recipe. So, that makes it perfect to cook mixed vegetable sabzi when you have those itsy bitsy leftovers just a day prior to your grocery shopping. You can make this curry with frozen mixed vegetables. If you are looking for Dhaba style Mix veg recipe I have the recipe posted here.
There are so many variations when it comes to this mixed vegetable sabji. the best thing about this home-style curry is each version comes with the personal preference of people. You can see a recipe and make it your own by adding and taking out particular ingredients of your choice and make any recipe your own. What I am sharing here is Mixed vegetable recipe Punjabi style.
This one mixed veg recipe is also customized according to my family's and my taste in terms of vegetables we like. The basic tadka or tempering in the curry is the same which my mom makes. Delicious and healthy vegetables cooked with aromatic spices and Punjabi tadka is what this simple mixed vegetable curry recipe is all about. There is another such sabzi made with achari masala if you like dry sabzi you can try Aloo Gobhi Sabzi
Indian Vegetable curries are mostly gluten-free and naturally vegan with few exceptions and the vegetable sabzi too is suitable for people following Vegan lifestyle.
You can serve it with ghee fulka roti or paratha with some plain yogurt or maybe some dal on the side for a delicious and healthy Punjabi meal. If you like to try other Indian curries or Indian Subzi recipes you might like to try Matar Paneer, Aloo Matar Sabzi, Sookhe Aloo gajar Matar.
How to make Mixed Vegetable Sabzi Recipe (Video)
Mix Vegetable Sabzi Recipe - Mixed Vegetable Sabji
- 200 g potato diced
- 100 g cauliflower small florets
- 100 g green beans (french beans)
- 200 g tomato chopped
- 150 g carrot diced
- 100 g green bell pepper diced
- 2 tbsps peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon ginger finely chopped
- 2 green chilli chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon kashmiri chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon mango powder dry
- 1 teaspoon ginger juliennes
- 2 - 3 tbsps coriander leaves chopped
- Heat oil in a large pan or kadahi over medium heat.
- Add cumin seeds, when cumin starts to pop up add finely chopped ginger and finely chopped green chilli along with chopped tomatoes.
- Cook the tomatoes for 4-5 minutes over medium high heat till they start becoming pulpy. stir them once or twice and reduce the heat to minimum.
- Now add salt, kashmiri red chilli powder, black pepper powder, turmeric powder and salt. Saute them for a minute and add 3-4 tablespoon of water.
- Add all the chopped mixed vegetables other than coriander. Cover the lid and keep the heat at a minimum.
- Cook for 20 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- After 20 minutes check if vegetables are cooked through add garam masala powder and serve in a serving dish.
- Sprinkle some chopped fresh coriander leaves and serve mix vegetable sabzi with fresh paratha or Roti.