Moong sprout salad using sprouted moong beans and chopped vegetables. I am sharing tips & tricks to make Indian-style sprout salad recipe.
Moong Sprout salad is a popular street food in India, made with sprouted moong beans, tamarind chutney, chaat masala, tomatoes, cucumber, apples and other ingredients. It is a quick, easy and tasty snack that can be enjoyed anytime of the day.
In this blog post, I will share how to make perfect tasting recipe of this salad, the ingredients required, and tips & tricks to make the best sprout salad. Whether you are a fan of Indian street food or just looking for a healthy snack option, Sprouted Moong salad is a must-try!
Why Make Sprout Salad?
It's a delicious and healthy snack option that is perfect for those who are looking for a low-calorie, high-protein snack. It is also an excellent source of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, making it a great option for those who are looking to maintain a healthy diet.
- Sprouted moong beans
- Grapes : Use seedless grapes and slice them. These are a must for perfect chaat.
- Toasted peanuts
- Green chillies
- Coriander leaves
- Mint leaves
- Chaat masala
- Red chili powder
- Roasted cumin powder
- Lemon juice
Tips to Make the Best Moong Sprout Salad
- Use fresh sprouted moong beans for best taste and texture.
- Add a generous amount of chaat masala and lemon juice to add flavor to the chaat.
- Use ripe and juicy tomatoes and cucumbers to add a juicy texture to the chaat.
- Use tart apples to balance out the sweetness of the tamarind chutney.
How to Store it
Sprouted moong chaat can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To serve, simply mix the chaat well and serve chilled.
Health Benefits of Sprout Salad
Moong chaat is a low-calorie snack that is high in protein and fiber, making it a great option for those who are looking to lose weight. It is also a great source of vitamins and minerals, including vitamin C, potassium, and magnesium. Additionally, sprouted moong beans are a good source of antioxidants, which help to protect the body against oxidative stress and inflammation.
Is Moong Sprout Chaat Diabetic-Friendly?
Yes, it is a diabetic-friendly snack option as it is low in carbohydrates and high in fiber, making it a great option for those who are looking to manage their blood sugar levels.
Can You Make This Chaat in Advance?
Yes, Moong Chaat can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Simply mix the chaat well before serving.
More Such Recipes
- Green Moong Dal Recipe
- Sprout Curry Recipe
- Misal Pav Recipe
- Chana Chaat Recipe
- Matar Chaat/ Vatana Chaat
- Corn Bhel
- Chole For Chaat
Moong Sprout Salad
- 1 cup sprouted moong beans
- ½ cup grapes
- ¼ cup pomegranate chopped
- 1 cucumber chopped
- 70 grams boiled potatoes
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Green chilli
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala
- 1 tablespoon roasted cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon peanuts
- 2 tablespoon Mint leaves
- 4 tablespoon coriander leaves
- In a large mixing bowl, add the sprouted moong beans.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, cucumber, and apples to the bowl.
- Add the tamarind chutney, chaat masala, red chili powder, roasted cumin powder, lemon juice, and salt to the bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Serve the Moong Sprout Chaat chilled, garnished with a sprinkle of chaat masala and lemon juice.
- Enjoy your delicious and healthy Moong Sprout Chaat!
2. Add a generous amount of chaat masala and lemon juice to add flavor to the chaat.
3. Use pomegranate and cucumbers to add a juicy texture to the chaat.