Multani masala is a special blend of spices which is used in Multani Cuisine ( Basically dishes that were cooked in Multan region of Pakistan}. The Multani masala recipe is same as my maternal grandmother used to make, and then I learned it from my Mom who uses it in her many vegetables, curry, and chaat recipes.
Also, this one is almost similar in taste as the masala they use in Moong and Chawal chaat at Multani Dhanda Paharganj if you have been to that past of Delhi.
This recipe of basic Multani masala is used in various dishes like these Multani chole but what makes most of the Multani dishes unique is the combination of this masala with other key ingredient and the cooking technique used which lends a unique flavor to that particular dish.
- 4 tablespoons Amchoor powder (dried mango powder)
- 2 tablespoons mirch degi (kashmiri chilli powder)
- 1 tablespoon Pink salt (Himalyan) or Black salt tablespoon
- 1 tablespoon ginger (sonth) dry powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1.5 tablespoon cumin roasted
- 1 tablespoon seeds carom (ajwain)
- Mix all the ingredients in a dry grinder jar and process them till you achieve a fine powder .
- Use it as required.