Ragi Flakes Upma recipe is quick, healthy and tasty Indian breakfast recipe made with ragi flakes ready to eat cereal.
Instant Ragi Breakfast cereal for the times when we need some super quick Indian breakfast recipe. This is a delicious and easy breakfast recipe for the days when you do not want to eat traditional south Indian breakfast of Idli dosa or upma or North Indian breakfast special like paratha.
There is a variation of tastes, as far as traditional Indian breakfasts are concerned are good health-wise if eaten in moderation. For those who eat breakfast cereal day in and day out, breakfast becomes a somewhat monotonous meal and boredom sets in. But if you try and use these breakfast cereals in a creative way you can eat your cereals and add an interesting taste to it as well.
It's Thursday, and as promised, I am here with another interesting recipe using 24 Mantra organic products. In this week's recipe, I gave an interesting savoury twist to 24 Mantra Organic ready to eat Ragi Flakes cereal and made Ragi Flakes Upma which makes a delicious breakfast or an interesting tea time snack.
Ragi is a very nutritious grain and I use it a lot in my day to day cooking. As I am following a low glycemic index meal plan these days, and Ragi being quite low on GI is one of great choice. Ragi is rich in dietary fibre and iron as well as great source of essential amino acids (building blocks for proteins) for body's repair and growth. Check out The 24 Mantra Organic Board for some really good nutrition facts.
Organic food has always been my first choice for many years, mainly because it is cultivated naturally without the use of harmful chemicals. When I spotted the 24 mantras organic Ragi flakes it was happiness first because I never saw Ragi in ready to eat cereal market of India ever before and second because this is something different compared to the traditional Ragi dishes which I frequently make at home.
With the 24 Mantra organic Ragi flakes easily available in the market I have an option for the days when I really don't have time to cook or just want a quick and healthy breakfast. And Knowing that Ragi flakes are made from grains grown without pesticides, GMOs and synthetic fertilizer helps a lot and put my mind to rest about eating healthy.
You can have Ragi flakes with hot or cold milk with a fruit if you want it really quick and if you love to experiment and looking for a savoury breakfast option? this savoury Ragi flakes upma is a great Indian traditional breakfast with a modern twist.
Ragi flakes have a slightly sweet taste. When you make a savoury Ragi flakes upma, and add some lime juice to finish the dish, it gives a delicious sweet and sour taste that makes it super delicious and healthy.
You May Like To check the Recipes I created with 24 Mantra Organic
- Ragi and chocolate Pancakes
- Falafel Waffles
- Gujrati Khatti Meethi Dal
- Organic Ragi Flake Upma
- Whole Massor Dal ki Tikki
- Little Millet Pulao
- Rajma Galouti Kabab
- Chole Aloo Curry
organic ragi flakes Upma - Healthy Indian Breakfast Recipe
- 2 cup Ragi flakes (organic)
- ½ cup green pea shelled
- 30 grams peanuts roasted
- 100 grams red onion sliced
- 200 grams tomato chopped
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder organic
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder organic
- 2 tablespoon coriander leaves chopped
- Heat up oil in a pan and add mustard seeds to the pan.
- When mustard seeds start spluttering add sliced onion to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes over medium heat till the onion become translucent.
- Now add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt, mix well and immediately add chopped tomatoes.
- Cook this masala for 5-6 minutes over low medium heat till tomato become pulpy and soft. Add a tablespoon or two tablespoon of water if required and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Now add ragi flakes and boiled green peas, sprinkle 3-4 tablespoon of water. cook covered on slow heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Top it with chopped green chilli (if you are using), peanuts, fresh chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.