Punjabi paneer butter masala is very rich and popular curry from Indian cuisine. Most of the chances are that you already have this delicious paneer recipe in your recipe collection. If you already not have a favourite, Learn how to make paneer butter masala that tastes awesome.
For making paneer butter masala, soft and creamy paneer cubes are cooked in a rich butter curry which is mildly spicy, ever so slightly sweet and tangy with lots of tomatoes in it. The makhani sauce is rich in butter and cashew paste. Added milk cream makes it even richer and simple flavours of dry spices and the heavenly aroma of Kasuri methi makes the butter paneer even more delicious.
All of this sometimes that is actually overdone with a layer of fat floating on the surface, I hardly find that appetizing. Though all of us sometimes want to prepare Dhaba style Paneer butter masala at home. Adding what I like, taking out what does not suit our taste buds, actually, that’s the beauty of home cooking. Isn’t it 🙂
For me, I need my curries to be rich creamy and spicy but in a balanced sort of way. So as usual in my paneer recipe, I have tried to keep the flavours up, and that floating layer of fat away, without compromising the creaminess of paneer butter masala.
To keep my cooking to easy and manageable so most of the times I have homemade cooking pastes, bhuna masala , Makhani sauce dal tadka ready and stored in my fridge and also some semi-cooked parathas in the fridge.
For this paneer butter masala, I use homemade makhani gravy base. So, if you have your makhani gravy base ready all you need to do for making this luscious paneer masala is to add the paneer cubes and simmer them for few minutes in the buttery, smooth gravy and enjoy the goodness of Indian cooking just in few minutes.
Paneer Butter Masala Recipe in Hindi (video recipe)
If you cook this recipe and find it helpful please do share it on facebook, twitter or pin it on Pinterest this may help others too and keeps me motivated to write more.
Paneer Butter Masala Recipe | How to Make Paneer Butter Masala
- 1 onion large
- 300 g Tomatoes chopped
- 2.5 tablespoon butter
- 2 green chilli
- cinnamon stick
- 1 inch ginger 1pc
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- salt to taste
- 1.5 teaspoon Kashmiri Red Chilli powder
- 2 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1.5 cup full fat milk
- coriander for garnish
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 400 g paneer / cottage cheese
- Heat up butter in a pan and allow it to melt.
- Add ginger, cinnamon stick, green chilli and gently stir fry on slow heat for a minutes.
- Add sliced onion and saute them in butter till they become translucent
- Now add tomatoes and cook everything together till soft and pulpy.
- Allow the mixture to cool a little bit and blend it to a creamy paste.
- Now in the same pan heat up .5 tablespoon butter and add the pureed makhani gravy paste in the pan.
- Add black pepper powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder and mix well
- Allow it to simmer for 2-3 minutes and add 2 tablespoon of tomato puree in this.
- FInally add small quantity of milk at a time and use up all the milk
- Let this gravy bubble for few minutes and add paneer cubes in this.
- Cook paneer in this butter masala gravy for 3 minutes serve it hot garnished with coriander leaves.