Peri peri Quesadilla is perfect vegetarian quesadilla recipe! Crispy on the outside and oozing with cheese on inside, Mexican quesadilla is cheesy, crunchy Mexican dish that tastes absolutely delightful! I swear How to make a quesadilla is the only thing that will pop into your mind after biting into this cheese veggie quesadilla recipe.
Quesadilla is undoubtedly loved by both vegetarians and non-vegetarians worldwide. A tortilla folded over a filling of veggies and layered with cheese, this is a complete meal. Mexican food is one such meal that never disappoints. These are easy to cook, full of cheese, chockfull of veggies and tastes absolutely delicious! To make chicken quesadilla just add some shredded cooked chicken in this stuffing.
I am excited to share "Easy recipes with Rekha Kakkar-Bachelors Special" with you. This series is unlike any other. It’s unique because in my new series I invite bachelors in my kitchen and together we cook easy, fun and mouth watering recipes. This is and Facebook exclusive series so you can watch it only on my Facebook page here.
Since all these recipes are cooked by bachelor’s themselves, we tried to cook these recipes with minimum ingredients and few utensils. For my first episode I had a bubbly bachelor in my kitchen who loves cheese and is always ready for the Cheese-pull shots. Veggie Quesadilla recipe is the first recipe in the series Easy Recipes with Rekha Kakkar.
How To Make Quesadilla
Together we made Quesadillas with stir-fried vegetables, aromatic hot peri peri spice mix and a layer of cheese. The wonderful part of stuffing is you can add anything under this crispy tortillas and call it a meal. Since this is a vegetarian Quesadilla recipe, we added corns, bell peppers, jalapenos and cheese in it. You can add any filling of your choice.
Quesadilla pronunciation is a bit tricky. It’s actually pronounced key-suh-dee-uh . You can also make it in a Quesadilla maker. If you are making Mexican food for brunch then quesadilla is a great option. To make it for a group, you can cook them in oven as well. Quesadilla meaning is a tortilla filled with cheese and heated.
How to make Quesadillas in the Oven
To make Quesadilla in oven just follow the same recipe (recipe instructions mentioned below), and when you have filled the tortillas with fillings and cheese, fold them and carefully place them on the plate. Spray the baking tray lightly with olive oil and cook to 220 C/ 430 F.
Peri peri Vegetable Quesadilla
The filling used in making vegetable quesadilla consists of sliced onions, fresh tomatoes, bell peppers, corns, spicy mix and tortillas!
Peri Peri Veggie Quesadilla Recipe- Recipe Notes
- Allow the filling to cool down and then spread it on Tortillas. The steam from the hot filling may make the tortilla soggy.
- Do not over cook the vegetables. Quesadilla needs little crunch to it.
Peri Peri Veggie Quesadilla Recipe
- 1-2 wheat Tortilla / flour tortilla
- ¼ th Green Bell peppers Chopped
- ¼ th Yellow Bell pepers Chopped
- ¼ th Red Bell peppers Chopped
- 1-2 Jalapeños
- ¼ red Onion Sliced
- 1 Tomatoes Sliced
- 1 small cup Corn
- 1 teaspoon Peri-peri Masala
- 1 teaspoon Roasted Red Chili Flakes
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese
- 2-3 Cheddar Slices
- Mozzarella Optional
- 2-3 tablespoon sprouted beans
- Heat oil in a pan and add sliced onions in it.
- Stir the onion for a minute and then add tomatoes in it.
- After the tomatoes add green, yellow and red bell peppers in it. Mix them well and cook them for a minute over high heat.
- Add some bean corn and saute all the vegetables for a while. When they start to cook add salt and pepper peri peri masala and red chili flakes in the pan.
- When the vegetables are stir-fried switch off the heat and allow the filling to cool for a bit.
- Now, to assemble place tortilla on a plain surface and place cheese slices on it.
- Add the fillings and some more peri-peri spice for flavor and heat.
- Sprinkle some cheddar grated cheese and coriander leaves on it.
- Add jalapenos on top and just lift the another edge of the tortilla and cover it.
- Again, drizzle some oil in a large skillet over medium heat and carefully place the tortilla over it. Cook 2 minutes per side.
- Cook the tortillas from both the sides until golden brown and serve with some pico de gallo sauce.