Quinoa Pistachio Cranberry Salad is a delightful and refreshing dish that is perfect for any occasion. Whether you are looking for a healthy lunch option or a tasty side dish for dinner, this salad is sure to satisfy your taste buds.
If you're looking for a salad that's both nutritious and delicious, you should definitely try the quinoa pistachio cranberry salad. This salad is packed with protein, fiber, and antioxidants, making it a healthy addition to any meal.
Why Should You Make Quinoa Pistachio Cranberry Salad?
Quinoa Pistachio Cranberry Salad is a nutritious and flavorful dish that is packed with protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Quinoa is a great source of plant-based protein and is high in fiber, which makes you feel fuller for longer. Pistachios and cranberries are a good source of antioxidants and provide a pleasant texture and flavor to the dish. This salad is also gluten-free, vegan, and low in fat, which makes it an ideal dish for people with dietary restrictions.
- Quinoa: I have used tri-colored Quinoa but you can use white quinoa or any other quinoa if you have that.
- Cherry Tomatoes: You'll need one pack of cherry tomatoes, cut into eighths or fours as per your choice.
- Cucumbers: You'll need 2 cucumbers, deseeded and cubed.
- Cranberries: Cranberries add a nice sweetness and tartness to the salad, and they also add some texture. You'll need ½ cup of cranberries.
- Pistachios: you'll need ½ cup of chopped, roasted pistachios.
- Lemon Juice:
- Pomegranate Molasses: I did not have that so I substituted with balsamic vinegar.
- Extra Virgin Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
Tips to make the best Quinoa:
To make the best quinoa, it's important to rinse it thoroughly before cooking. This helps to remove any bitterness or residue. Also, use a ratio of 1:2 when cooking quinoa. This means you'll need 1 cup of water for every ½ cup of quinoa. Bring the water to a boil, add the quinoa, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes. Once done, fluff it up with a fork and let it cool before adding it to the salad.
Is this Recipe diabetic friendly?
This salad is diabetic-friendly, as it contains low-glycemic ingredients that won't spike your blood sugar. Quinoa is a great alternative to traditional grains, as it has a lower glycemic index and contains more protein and fiber.
Can you make it in advance?
Yes, you can make this salad in advance. Just be sure to store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. You can also make a big batch and enjoy it throughout the week for a healthy and convenient meal option.
This salad can be served as a main dish or as a side dish. It's perfect for lunch or dinner, and can also be a great addition to a potluck or BBQ. You can also customise the salad by adding your favorite ingredients, such as avocado, feta cheese, or grilled chicken.
How to Store it:
To store this salad, simply transfer it to an airtight container and store it in the fridge. It will stay fresh for up to 3-4 days. Just be sure to give it a good stir before serving, as the dressing and ingredients may have settled at the bottom.
More Such Recipes
- High protein Quinoa Salad
- Quinoa Khichdi
- Paneer Tikka Quinoa Salad
- Indian Green Peas Salad
- The Best Beet Salad
- Persian Beet and Pomegranate Salad
- Chopped Spring Salad
Quinoa Pistachio Cranberry Salad
- 1 cup of quinoa
- ½ cup cherry tomatoe
- 2 cucumbers cubed
- ½ cup Rocket leaves chopped
- ½ cup of finely chopped mint
- 2 tablespoons cranberries
- 2 tablespoons pistachios
- 2 tablespoons olives
- 1 tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of pomegranate molasses or balsamic vinegar
- Cook the quinoa according to the instructions on the package. Once done, set it aside and let it cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooled quinoa, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, and herbs.
- In a small container Squeeze the juice from one lemon and add the pomegranate molasses, salt,black pepper, extra virgin olive oil.
- Shake well to make dressing.
- Toss everything together and drizzle with the balsamic dressing.
- Before serving, top the salad with the chopped nuts and dried cranberries.