Pancakes for breakfast is an indulgence that we allow ourselves occasionally 🙂 And when pancakes meet chocolate for the breakfast It becomes chocolate pancakes which almost makes it a dessert for the breakfast. Does it sound good? Wait! If I say you can make it even better, How does that sound 🙂
Yes, you can make the chocolate pancake even better by taking out white flour and replacing it with my current favorite Ragi flour. So, Guys, it’s Thursday already and you know Thursday’s on My Tasty Curry are 24 Organic Mantra Recipes time.
The other day we were feeling like eating something sweet for the breakfast and to be more specific the pancakes were on my mind mostly. White flour is what usually keeps me away from these sweet treats so immediately I thought of Ragi flour. Usually, I use Ragi flour to make dosa, idli, paratha etc but never I tried that for making a sweet treat.
I knew if I combine some good ingredients with it, there is going to be something good in the end and that’s how this idea of experimenting with Ragi started and these absolutely delicious Ragi and Chocolate pancakes were the result.
I used 24 Mantra Organic Ragi flour and Lindt 85% chocolate along with dutch processed cocoa powder for that prominent chocolate flavor. In place of normal sugar, I used 24 mantra jaggery to add a mild sweetness to the pancakes. The Ragi and chocolate pancakes are dense in texture almost like a cake and nutty ragi flour makes it even more delicious.
Sugar in the pancakes is totally optional if you are going to top it with maple syrup or honey. I used a little jaggery to balance out Ragi flour and topped it with 24 Mantra Organic Himalayan Honey which I am absolutely loving.
You could serve Ragi and chocolate pancakes like that also but I always like to add fruits and berries on pancakes and waffles for extra fresh flavors. I had few berries from the latest shoot at home so I topped with mixed berries.
Ragi or finger millet is one of very nutritious gluten-free grain and dark chocolate is also a great source of antioxidant tooFruits and berries not only add a beautiful pop of color to the pancakes but makes it, even more, healthier by adding a healthy dose of antioxidants. If you have berries nothing like that but if you don’t have them at home Kiwi and oranges with few mint leaves work fantastic too.
So this weekend try this special Ragi and chocolate pancakes for the breakfast and Don’t forget to share your feedback with us on How you are liking these organic recipes.
Don’t forget to check out our Organic Mantras initiative and also follow them on Facebook and on Instagram for all the latest updates and stay tuned to many more recipes coming your way to help you Switch to Organic.
You May Like To check the Recipes I created with 24 Mantra Organic
- Ragi and chocolate Pancakes
- FalaFel Waffles
- Gujrati Khatti Meethi Dal
- Organic Ragi Flake Upma
- Whole Massor Dal ki Tikki
- Little Millet Pulao
- Rajma Galouti Kabab
- Chole Aloo Curry
- 1.5 cup Ragi flour
- .5 cup unsweetened Dutch process cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoon jaggery
- 50 g dark chocolate 85%
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups skim milk or almond milk if Vegan
- Combine the flour, cocoa powder, jaggery, baking powder and baking soda, salt together in a mixing bowl. whisk with a wire whisk.
- Tip in the butter, vanilla and milk. Whisk until well combined. Also add pounded dark chocolate in the mix now.
- Heat a nonstick pan over low-medium heat and grease with very thin layer of oil.
- Take out¼ cup of batter per pancake and pour into the pan and cook till bubbles start to form over surface that is about 1 minute.
- Flip and cook until done.
- Repeat with remaining batter and make more Ragi and chocolate pancakes similarly.
- Stack 3-4 on each plate serve them topped with fruits and Organic honey
Hi Rekha! These pancakes look AMAZING! I haven't even heard of Ragi flour, but after your recommendation I will have to give it a try!