Who does not love rasgulla, these tiny ones full of syrup and melt in your mouth are sheer delight in themselves. Combine them with homemade vermicelli kheer to give a twist of taste and boost of flavours and that it looks so good is always an added bonus.
You could use vermicelli kheer or any other kheer recipes for the kheer layer Apple and Thandai ki Kheer , Carrot Kheer, Sabudana Kheer, Paneer ki kheer and evergreen Chawal ki Kheer or this recipe of Rice kheer .
If raspberries are not easily available to you, you can use any of your favorite fruits like kiwi, apples, pomegranate which are easily available in most of the cities. Also you can substitute Pecans with walnuts and it still tastes delicious.
- 1 l milk
- 200 g condensed milk
- 50 g sugar
- 10-15 saffron strands
- 1-2 pinches cardamom powder
- 75 g pecans / almonds
- 250 g rasgulla small
- 250 g fruit of your choice
- Heat up the milk in a thick bottomed pan and bring it to a boil.
- Now reduce the heat and add vermicelli, cook it for 6-7 minutes till it becomes soft.
- Add condensed milk along with cardamom powder and saffron thread and switch off the heat.
- Keep it inside the refrigerator for chilling.
- To Assemble the dessert ladle out a layer of chilled vermicelli kheer in a bowl or small glass.
- Top it up with sliced pistachios, baby rasgulla and raspberries.
- If you don’t have berries you can substitute it with any beautiful and tasty fruits as suggested above.
[email protected] Delight
I like the idea of rasgulla and kheer..Beautiful photos 🙂