Raw Papaya kabab is a popular Indian-tea time snack that is made with the super healthy, raw Papaya or green papaya. I understand how improbable it sounds, but trust me, this raw papaya recipe tastes simply incredible. The best thing about these vegetarian kabab's is in the heart. Yes! it has got amazing soft melt in mouth stuffing in the centre.
Raw Papaya is full of nutrients and vitamins. In fact, papaya is one of the few fruits which can be eaten in both its raw and ripe forms and acts as a great source for weight loss as well. It is therefore a great idea to add them in your regular diet. One of the easiest way to add this incredible fruit in your diet is these incredibly delicious stuffed veg kabab.
This veg papaya kebab recipe is super simple and effortless. I have given these kabab a healthy twist with soft melt in mouth tangy filling. In this recipe, the raw papaya that is mixed with mashed boiled potatoes and savory spices has a filling of fresh creamy yogurt!
The filling of fresh yogurt mixed coriander and mint leaves gives a juicy and savory touch to the kababs. Every bite of this rich, crispy and tender kebab is a blast of flavors of fresh creamy yogurt with the exotic taste of papaya and potatoes.
Yogurt gives the kebab a rich savory taste while the raw papaya and potatoes work towards keeping our stomach full!
These raw papaya kebabs is a perfect blend of goodness and health.Since you can easily make this recipe in less than 20 Minutes, it acts as a great appetizer and an entertainment. You can make this succulent Kebabs when running short of ideas on what to serve to your unannounced guests or when you feel like treating yourself on a lazy sunday afternoon.
Papayas are a regular in my diet, I have them either as Tom yum green papaya salad, raw papaya chutney or by making these crispy kebabs out of them. I love experimenting with the recipes and always try to make something new out of them.
Lately, fruits have become my perfect companion for quick appetizers. I have recently started experimenting with raw fruits in cooking. Another favorite recipe of mine is the easy Raw Banana Nuggets and Kachche Kele Ke Kofte.
I love sharing a fuss-free recipe with all of you. One of the reasons I highly recommend this delicious raw papaya kabab (excluding its delicious taste) is because of its easy recipe. To make the raw papaya kabab all you have to do is grate raw papaya and mix and mash boil potatoes, aromatic spices and breadcrumbs in them.
Quickly make the filling for the papaya by adding fresh yogurt, some green chillies and heavenly coriander and mint leaves. Add the filling in the kebab, shallow-fry the mouth-watering kebabs and voila! The crispy and super creamy raw papaya kabab is ready to devour !
How to Make Veg Kabab - Raw Papaya Kabab Recipe
Raw Papaya Kabab Recipe - Vegetarian Kebab
- 1 cup Grated Raw Papaya
- ½ cup Boiled Potatoes
- Salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon Coriander Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Garam Masala
- ½ teaspoon Cumin Powder
- 1 teaspoon Pomegranate Powder/ Anardana
- ½ teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- ½ teaspoon Crushed Ginger
- 1-2 Tablespoon Coriander Leaves
- 2-3 Tablespoon Bread Crumbs
- 2-3 Tablespoon Fresh Whipped Yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Mint Leaves
- 1 Teaspoon chopped Green Chillies
- 4-6 Tablespoon Oil.
- Take a bowl and put grated raw papaya in it. Now, add boiled potatoes and mash them. Add salt, ½ teaspoon coriander powder, ¼ teaspoon garam masala, ½ teaspoon cumin powder, 1 teaspoon pomegranate, coriander leaves and ginger in the mix.
- After the spices add breadcrumbs in the bowl and mix them well. Make a dough of the mix.
- Take a small cup and add fresh whipped yogurt along with 1 teaspoon coriander leaves and mint leaves respectively. Add chopped green chillies in them and sprinkle salt to make the filling of the kabab.
- Keep the cup aside after making the filling for the Raw Papaya Kabab.
- Now, to make the kebabs roll take the the raw papaya and potatoes mix in your hand (the dough we made with raw papaya, boiled potatoes and spices), make the filling and add the fresh yogurt filling in them.
- Make small patty shaped kebabs with the mix and filling.
- Take a deep-cooking pot and shallow fry the kebabs.
- Serve the crispy, delicious kebab with green chutney.