Rose falooda a cooling summer dessert which is rich and delicious. Rose falooda recipe is made with milk, rose syrup, falooda seeds, falooda sev and topped with a variety of toppings. Top the rose milk with vanilla ice cream for a delicious delight, I am sure you will love it too.
Rose syrup or Rooh afja had a special place in my growing up years. There were no fancy drinks or colas like these days. During summer vacations or after school, homemade lemonade, rooh afja sherbet, lassi and chaats, jaljeera were few drinks which kept us refreshed and energised. And after dinner, cold rose milk which was mostly rose milk or dry fruit shake was mandatory after a good play session in the evening. Falooda ice cream or kulfi falooda was a treat that we all used to look forward to.
Watch Falooda Recipe Video in Hindi
When I got married, in summers my husband totally switched to gond katira and sabza seeds (basil seeds) in rose milk for breakfast. When he was feeling more indulgent. I used to make hime this falooda rose milk drink recipe for him.
How To Make Rose Falooda
This recipe of falooda has all these ingredients that have become a part of regular summer food in our home. I love falooda and kulfi combination, give me that for dessert I will easily pass off most exotic desserts over a simple bowl of kesar elaichi kulfi (saffron and cardamom) and falooda (soft vermicelli).
You can make interesting flavours and variation from this falooda recipe. Instead of using rose syrup you can use khus syrup to make Khus falooda which is also cooling in summers. If you substitute regular milk for soy milk or almond milk you can make Vegan version of falooda. For making that you need to use vegan ice-cream too.
Rose falooda with Ice cream looks so pretty has cooling sabza seeds and rose syrup and a combination of ice cream and falooda sev to top it makes it even more delicious and filling. If you have a full serving of the dessert, it’s almost as filling as a good heavy meal. Only thing you don’t count here is calories in rose falooda 🙂
How to Make Rose Falooda
- 250 ml milk
- 2 ice cream scoops
- 6 tablespoon rose syrup
- 50 g rice vermicelli
- 30 g chia seeds sabza seeds
- 1 teaspoon of almonds and pistachio crushed/choped
- Soak chia seeds for 30-40 minutes.
- Cook rice vermicelli in 2 cups of water for 2-3 minutes.
- Drain the vermicelli and keep it in cold water.
- Add 3 tablespoon of rose syrup to milk and stir it well. Keep it aside.
- To Assemble it first add lots of ice to the glass.
- Add 2-3 tablespoon of soaked chia seeds.
- For next layer add half the amount of cooked and chilled rice vermicelli
- Drizzle some rose syrup over it.
- Top it with chilled rose milk and stir gently.
- Now serve it with a scoop of ice cream and chopped almonds and pistachio.
Thank you sharing nice Recipe.
Nice recipe and it's delicious. Thanks for sharing.