Schezwan fried rice is spicy fried rice cooked along with lots of vegetables and a spicy hot sauce Schezwan sauce. You can make schezwan sauce at home or use the ready made sauce.
We love spicy food and Indo chinese food a favourite at home. It’s quick, It’s spicy and it’s tasty and ready in 20 minutes. All you need is lots of vegetables and cooked rice for making this schezwan fried rice recipe. For me making such dishes is always more convenient than ordering a takeout as I always have these convenient chopped veggie boxes ready to go.
You know how much I love to cook these 20 minutes meals. I am able to manage this mostly because one day per week I do the prep work. So, cooking dinners on weekdays even after a busy work day is a task I really don’t hate too much. Ok! Few day’s per month may be … But I have my frozen dinners to the rescue for those 🙂
Now enough of my smart cooking story, Lets get back to recipe of schezwan fried rice. This is great tasting recipe that does not take too much time if you have ingredients ready. Most of the times I use leftover rice for the recipe, if you don’t have leftovers you can make it fresh too (It will require little long time than 20 minutes for full recipe though)
The important thing to do while making any Indo Chinese dish or stir fry is you need cook the food at high temperatures and keep stirring the food through out the cooking. That helps to maintain the texture of the food and adds to the smoky flavours of the dish. Also, I would suggest to make the fried rice either in a Chinese wok or use a non stick pan which helps in frequent tossing of ingredients while cooking.
I mostly like to pair schezwan fried rice with theSweet corn soup, Hot n sour veggie soup, or vegetable Hot n sour sauce which is delicious suace based Indo Chinese gravy with veggies and tofu. If you like Indo Chinese food you might like to try these Indo Chinese Hakka noodles or Honey chilli potato .
If you cook this soup recipe and find it helpful, please do share it on facebook, twitter or pin it on Pinterest this may help others too and keeps me motivated to write more. You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook, & Twitter to stay updated or signup for the weekly newsletter.
- 2 Cups Cooked rice
- 4 spring onions sliced
- 2-3 spring onion greens for garnish
- 1 carrot cut into juliennes
- 5-6 french beans cut into juliennes
- 5-6 Mushrooms sliced
- ½ cup Bell Peppers cut into strips (mixed colors
- For the Sauce!
- 1 celery stick finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon Oil
- 1 tablespoon green chilli paste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Now take a wok or karahi add 2 tablespoon of oil and add sliced ginger and spring onion, cook them for about a minute.
- Now add rest of the vegetables and stir fry on high heat for 3-4 minutes so that veggies are slightly brown on the sides.
- Now add soy sauce and schezwan sauce, also add rice vinegar to the wok and toss every thing well.
- Taste and season it with required salt to your taste and add black pepper to your taste. Add cooked rice to the wok and toss them well.
- Garnish the schezwan fried rice spring onion greens and serve hot.