Indian masala scrambled eggs. This spicy scrambled egg recipe is an upgrade to plain scrambled egg recipe. . I make it with lots of red onions, chillis and flavour it with golden turmeric, green coriander, and few more spices . This extremely delicious scrambled eggs with spices is one of the best Indian breakfast recipes with eggs.
We also call it Anda bhurji or masala spicy scrambled eggs. This is in fact most convenient dish which I always make when I have unexpected guest.
Not only for breakfast, these spicy scrambled eggs make a great side dish for dinner or lunch along with dal or any other curry for a delicious Indian meal. But more often than not I make these spicy masala scrambled eggs with paratha or a plain buttered toast.
This spicy Anda bhurji also makes an excellent sandwich filling. Egg bhurji toasted sandwiches taste exceptionally good with a side of green chutney.
Spicy Scrambled Eggs Indian Style
At our home we enjoy these spicy scrambled eggs with Paratha, especially on weekends, when mostly it is our brunch rather than a breakfast. I often make another version of masala veggie scrambled eggs with spinach. That is another tasty and healthy egg recipe for Indian breakfast too.
In regular street style egg bhurji, chopped onions and tomatoes are fried together to make a masala, but in my recipe I made one change I add Baby tomatoes while serving instead of chopped tomatoes while cooking bhurji. So I can still taste refreshing sweetness and slight tang of tomatoes, because I love tomatoes 🙂
Some people skip cilantro/ coriander leaves. In my experience chopped green chillies and coriander leaves/cilantro makes a great difference in taste, so, do not skip.
Other Spicy Egg Recipes You May Like
If you love eggs other egg recipes you may be interested in are Indian Style Omelette, Omelette curry, Egg Masala curry, Spicy Egg Kolhapuri , Egg Kejriwal, Parsi Akuri , Egg Biryani and Mumbai Style Egg Curry
Here are other five things that you can do with hard boiled eggs
If you cook this recipe and find it helpful please do share it on facebook, twitter or pin it on Pinterest this may help others who love food too, and it keeps me motivated to write more.
Egg Bhurji Punjabi style with Paratha | Spicy Indian Style Scrambled Eggs #MTCchainashta
- 4 Eggs organic
- 2 tablespoon Oil
- 100 g onion finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 2-3 green chilli chopped
- 7-8 cherry Tomatoes halved
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves garnish
- In a bowl whisk the four eggs with salt and red chilli pepper gently and keep this aside.
- Take 2 tablespoon of oil and heat it in cast iron or thick bottomed pan. Add chopped onion, green chillies, cook them on slow heat for 2 -3 minutes
- Add whipped eggs and keep the whole mix stirring gently till egg starts to set, increase the heat to the medium and cook them for 2 minutes.
- Add sliced tomatoes, green chilli and some coriander leaves and serve hot with buttered toast, Pav bun or paratha.
- Cook the eggs to the firmness level you like, I like them firm but not burned and rubbery so I cook like i game method above.
- Creamy scrambled I don’t think work good with recipe because bhurji recipe eggs are always firm cooked.