Stuffed tomatoes recipe in microwave. Stuffed tomatoes with Indian masala of spicy potatoes. peas and paneer filling.
Microwave is one gadget which is fast becoming common in every household. But most of the times it is just used for reheating the food. Microwave not just for reheating food you can cook so many delicious dishes with microwave. Also. if you think microwave is not for Indian cooking you will be surprised to know that you can cook most of Indian dishes in the microwave.
Microwave cooking is easy, Fast and less messy than traditional cooking.These days microwave manufacturer companies are adding special features and auto cook menus in microwave using which you can cook most of the recipes with touch of a button.
Recently I partnered with LG microwave for creating some easy and delicious recipes using their exclusive feature in Charcoal Oven range. The dishes we created which taste good and almost close to authentic taste of the dish. No smoke , no mess and so much quicker.
First in the series is Stuffed Tomato Recipe in Microwave. I used spicy potato and paneer filling for microwave stuffed tomatoes and then cooked them using LG Microwaves Charcoal cooking from extensive auto menu. And Best thing about this is use of minuscule amount of oil, which is makes it very low fat.
Many of my readers keep asking me for Microwave recipes which can be made easily. Some of them busy working professionals who do not have much time to spend for regular elaborate meals, some of them are college students who are living on their own but don't have access to full kitchen, but can manage keeping a microwave.
This was the main reason I started my cooking series for beginners #MTCeasyCooking and 20 Minute meals. But most of the recipes in that series still require access to basic kitchen.
So many of you on Instagram and Facebook especially asked for more easy recipes using microwave so when folks for LG approached me for creating recipes and I used the LG microwave with Charcoal cooking that became of my favourite feature to use. Beside so many other options in the exhaustive auto cook menu. Will share more as I will explore it further. Right now I can say it is so much fun happened last few weeks in the kitchen. Stay tuned for so much more 🙂
For making these stuffed tomatoes or Bharwan tomatoes. All I had to do was mix the stuffing which takes few minutes if you have ingredients in your fridge. I have microwave boiled potatoes in my fridge most of the times. In case you don't have boiled potatoes. All you need to do is pierce the potatoes with a fork and microwave them on full power for 4-5 minutes depending on size.
Use these boiled potatoes as you would normally use them in any dish. So coming back to Microwave stuffed Tomatoes recipe, first I made the stuffing then scooped out the flesh and seeds after removing the tops of tomatoes. The tomatoes are filled with masala Indian stuffing and cooked on Charcoal cooking mode of LG Microwave.
LG charcoal model comes in two sizes Bigger one 32l and a medium one with 28l Capacity. So you have option to choose according to your requirements.
The festival is great time to gift yourself or your loved ones this new range. So you all can enjoying gourmet food at home easily and in healthier way with this new range of Charcoal microwaves from LG.
(Disclaimer : This post and recipe comes to you in association with LG Electronics)
Other Microwave Recipes You Can Try
- 400 g Tomatoes
- Potatoes (microwave boiled chopped small )
- paneer chopped small
- cheddar cheese
- Salt to taste
- 2 Tbsp Coriander leaves
- 2-3 green chillis chopped
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 2 teaspoon chaat masala powder
- Cut off and remove the tops from the tomatoes.
- Scoop out excess flesh and seeds from the tomatoes.
- If required cut off a very thin slice from the bottom to make a stable base for stuffed tomatoes.
- Now to prepare the filling, add chopped potatoes and paneer in a bowl. Add grated cheese
- Add chopped coriander, green chilli, salt, red chilli powder, coriander powder, grated ginger, chaat masala powder and mix everything well.
- Now stuff the all the tomatoes with this prepared filling firmly.
- Spray or brush LG Multi-cook tava with oil and place all tomatoes on this.
- Brush or spray oil on tomatoes again.
- Now all you have to do is place the multi cook tava on high rack that comes with microwave and select Bharwan Tamatar menu (Number 2) from Auto Cook menu.
- Select the weight of the tomatoes and press start.
- Let the microwave do it's job of cooking it with special charcoal cooking technology and enjoy the delicious taste of smoky and perfectly cooked tomatoes wishing few minutes. I