Turmeric Milk is the best thing you can drink in winters. In India, we call it Haldi doodh. it is a powerful combination of two ingredients milk and turmeric that have many health benefits. Some of you call it Turmeric latte and Golden Milk, in India Turmeric milk, is an age-old remedy to prevent cold and cough in winters. It is a well-known immunity booster. Here is how to make Golden Turmeric milk in right way.
Health Benefits Of Haldi Doodh – Why you should Drink Turmeric Milk
Do you remember now in childhood why Grandma gave you haldi wala doodh after a bad fall, or when you had a cold? This was the reason. She knew Haldi doodh has antiseptic properties and is immunity booster so it heals you faster.
Turmeric milk detoxifies. According to Ayurveda turmeric is a blood purifier, improves blood circulation and good for the lymphatic system. Which in turn detoxifies the liver.
If you have sleep problems Haldi doodh helps you to sleep better. Milk in turmeric milk aids in the production of serotonin and melatonin (sleep-regulating chemicals human brain produces). Turmeric further helps in reducing stress and relaxes the body. Turmeric Milk at bedtime is a great idea for peaceful sleep.
Why Turmeric Milk is Healthy Drink for Winters
It is a natural immunity booster. Drinking haldi doodh boosts immunity as turmeric contains a compound known as curcumin which is known for it’s anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties. It helps to fight common winter problems like cold, cough and flu and keep them at bay.
If you are prone to headaches caused by congestions in winters drinking turmeric milk in the morning or evening is found to be beneficial as it acts as a natural painkiller.
Turmeric is rich in antioxidants as well as several nutrients, so it works like a natural painkiller against headaches, especially those caused by congestion.
How to Make Turmeric Milk right way
Eating healthy food in right way is key to get the maximum health benefits. Similarly eating turmeric on the everyday basis is good but eating haldi in right way helps in getting maximum health benefits from the Golden Turmeric milk.
- When you eat certain food in combination with each other the health benefits increase many times due to bioavailability.
- To get maximum health benefits from turmeric use black pepper/kali mirch which increases the bioavailability of the curcumin from turmeric.
- Always add a small amount of fat which helps in faster absorption of turmeric in blood. Which allows you to get maximum health benefits.
If you think this post helped you share it with your friends and family on Facebook, Twitter or WhatsApp.
Watch Haldi Doodh or Turmeric Milk Recipe in Hindi
If you tried this recipe please let me know how it came out! You can leave your feedback in a comment below and share a picture on Instagram, facebook or twitter with the hashtag #MyTastyCurry. In case you plan to cook it later you can pin it on Pinterest.
Also if you love flavored milk, you can try out another wonderful recipe Kesar Badam Milk (Saffron and Almond flavored milk)
Recipe for Making Turmeric Milk the Right way
- 2 cups milk full fat is better
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder 1- inch piece of raw turmeric
- 1 tbsp sugar or sweetener of choice honey/stevia (optional)
- 1 Pinch of black pepper
- Add grated turmeric/turmeric powder, milk and sugar (optional) in the saucepan. Bring to a low boil, then reduce the heat simmer for 5 minutes.
- Strain into glasses and enjoy the healthy turmeric milk/golden milk or haldi wala doodh whichever name you choose to call it.