Tamatar wala paneer is a spicy very simple easy to make paneer recipe to serve as side dish. It is a super quick Indian cottage cheese recipe which you can bring on the table in under 20 Minutes. And, also doubles up as a sandwich filling.
If you are looking for traditional tomato paneer gravy recipe or cheese tomato recipe, this recipe is not for that. Tamatar wala paneer is a recipe which my Mom makes and we all love to eat. Scooping the tangy and spicy tomato paneer with crispy paratha for the breakfast or as a sandwich filling in a buttery white toast.
This is one of my very favorite food memory from the childhood, and till date, I love this most basic but super tasty paneer dish. You can serve it with chapati, paratha or any type of bread as a sandwich filling.
Tomato paneer makes a perfect side for any North Indian meal. One of my favorite combination for late Sunday brunch is Masala til Aloo and tamatar wala paneer with paratha. I often pair it with curries and dal for an elaborate meal. Below are few combinations which I managed to click.
Rajma Masala and Tamatar Wala Paneer with Steamed Rice and Paratha
If you like Paneer curries you may like to try other mushroom dishes like Dhaba Style Paneer curry, Palak Paneer Mushroom sabzi, Paneer Kofta, Methi Malai Paneer, Paneer Achari or Paneer tawa masala along with many other paneer recipes.
If you try this recipe of Tawa Mushroom and like it, click a pic and use the hashtag #MyTastyCurry. I would love to see your delicious dishes on Instagram, Facebook, & Twitter! Also, you can pin this recipe on Pinterest if you like it and plan to cook it later.
- 300 g paneer cubes
- 250 g chopped tomato
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 2-3 tablespoon Coriander leaves
- 1 green chilli chopped
- Heat oil in the pan and add chopped tomatoes and chopped green chillies.
- Cook the tomatoes till they are pulpy and add salt, red chili powder.
- Cook for a minute and add chopped paneer cubes.
- Mix them well so paneer is well coated with tomatoes.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes and turn off the heat. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot/warm