Tawa Paneer recipe which is easy to make tastes delicious and can be made in 20 Minutes. Tawa Paneer dry recipe as the name suggests is made on Tawa/tava which is a griddle with a slightly concave surface in the middle.
Paneer is the most common type of cheese used in traditional Indian and Pakistani cuisines. The use of paneer is more common in India, Nepal, Bangladesh, and Pakistan than rest of the world. It is the dish which is loved by most vegetarian people and no surprise there on why? I love it too.
Paneer is an awesome ingredient which is easy to cook, goes with almost anything and makes any ordinary dish a special one. This easy Tawa Paneer Sabji is exactly a dish that exactly proves this statement. We are cooking none other than easy, delicious, quick and mouth watering Tawa Paneer.
Tawa Paneer Dry recipe is made on on Tawa which is basically a flat or concave or convex disc-shaped frying pan made from metal and is used to make rotis or chapatis at every Indian home. As the name says it would be ideal to cook this delicious paneer dish on Tawa, but in case you don't have one you can make it in any heavy bottom pan too.
The combination of onion, tomatoes, capsicum, and paneer cooked with spices over Tawa brings the best out of each ingredient and makes this semi dry dish a winner of all times. In case you have unexpected guests at home or your kids do not want to eat the vegetable or dal on the table, Tawa Paneer curry can be your go-to dish. And like most of other 20 Minutes recipe on my tasty curry, this tastes delicious too.
It goes best with pav buns, bread or even paratha and Naan. In this video recipe of Tawa paneer, I served it with whole wheat bread. You can even make sandwiches or wraps with the leftover dish.
Tawa Paneer Recipe Video
If you love paneer like I do, you may like to try these delicious paneer curry recipes too, Kadahi Paneer recipe, Aloo Matar Paneer Curry, Methi Malai Paneer, Paneer Steak on Potato Masala, Paneer Butter Masala , Quick Paneer Bhurji , Paneer Tikka Masala
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE?
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 large tomato finely chopped or puree
- 2 Tbsp Butter or Oil
- ½ cup chopped capsicum
- 150 gm paneer
- 1 Tbsp Pav bhaji Masala
- Salt to taste
- ½ tablespoon Red Chilli Powder
- ½ tablespoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tbsp Coriander Powder
- ½ Tbsp Kasuri Methi
- 1 tablespoon Ginger Green Chilli Paste
- Put your Tawa on medium heat and allow it to get hot.
- Add butter or oil to the Tawa and add Jeera.
- Add the ginger-green chili paste and cook it till the raw smell goes away.
- Add the onions and fry them till they are golden brown.
- Add the tomatoes and cook them evenly.
- Add the capsicum, cook for few minutes. Add salt and red chili powder and mix well.
- Let is cook for 2 minutes and then add pav bhaji masala.
- Stir properly and cook it on low-medium heat until you see the mix leaving oil/butter. Add kasuri methi and some water if required
- Add the paneer and stir well.
- Add water if you want to adjust the consistency.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with Toasted bread or Pav
- It is better to use a non stick Tawa so that less oil is used and the dish does not sticks to the utensil.
- You can use butter or even olive oil as per your preference.
- Add cream or cashew paste to make the dish more rich.
- Adjust the amount of ingredients as per number of servings.