Spicy Thai Veg green curry recipe that is completely vegetarian and is cooked using homemade Thai green curry paste. Thai green curry recipe is easy to cook and is super aromatic, it tastes best with jasmine rice or steamed rice.
When we talk of Thai food first thing that comes to mind is Thai green curry followed by Thai soup and both are my favourites. Spicy, aromatic and high on taste, Thai food is a delight for all senses. Though it is difficult to get pure vegetarian food in Thailand, because shrimp paste or fish sauce is one of the must add components in Thai food , you can always substitute it with something like soy sauce for cooking vegetarian Thai Food at home.
Thai Cooking involves a balance of all the tastes, sour, salty, sweet, bitter and spicy. In some region of Thailand they do not use coconut or coconut milk in their cooking because the coconut tree does not thrive in those conditions but curries and otherdishes from Southern Thailand are known for the liberal use of coconut milk and other coconut products.
Thai veg green curry or Red Thai Curry which is now quite popular in India and across the world is also influenced from Cuisine of Southern Thailand.
Thai green curry is coconut milk based spicy curry which is highly aromatic because of liberal use of aromatic ingredients like, Kafir Lime leaves, lemon grass, galangal, Thai basil etc. What makes the curry spicy is the use of the liberal amount of chilis which also comes in many varieties.
The secret to a great aromatic curry is the order in which spices are added, less delicate flavors like kafir lime, cilantro, galangal are added in the curry paste and more delicate herbs like Thai basil should be added while about to finish cooking to preserve the taste and aroma of Thai curry.
It is quick to cook curry, takes very less time and the powerhouse of delicious and spicy flavours, make a meal with jasmine rice, noodles or even plain steamed rice, either way, this Thai veg green curry love in a bowl kind of meal.
More Thai Recipe on my Blog
- Thai Veg Red Curry
- Thai Green Curry Pad Thai Noodles
- Thai Vegetable Soup Recipe
- Jamie Oliver's Veggie and Tofu Stir Fried Noodles
- 150 g Zucchini sliced
- 150 g Green bell peppers Red,Yellow, cubed
- 100 g Broccoli
- 100 g Mushrooms sliced
- 50 g Eggplant Thai
- 200 ml Coconut Milk
- 20 g Basil leaves
- Make a paste of green curry paste ingredients by adding 2-3 tablespoon of water in a grinder jar of Mixer grinder.
- Heat up oil in thick bottomed pan and add green curry paste to the pan.
- Fry up the paste for 3-4 minutes which helps to release the aroma of herbs and spices.
- Add coconut milk and 100ml water to the pan and simultaneously add veggies to the pan.
- Most vegetables are easy and take very short time to cook, so just have a check on them in 10-12 minutes.
- Add thai basil at this stage and switch off the heat.
- Serve it hot over jasmin rice or steamed rice.