Tiffin wale aloo sabzi is a popular North Indian dish that is a perfect accompaniment to roti or paratha. It is a simple and easy-to-make dish that is ideal for packing in lunch boxes or tiffin. Tiffin wale aloo sabzi is not only delicious but also nutritious as it contains a lot of vegetables.
Why Should we make Tiffin wale aloo Sabzi?
Tiffin wale aloo sabzi is a great option for a quick and filling lunch or dinner. It is a wholesome meal that provides all the necessary nutrients to the body. The dish is made with a variety of vegetables, including potatoes, peas, carrots, and beans, which makes it a rich source of vitamins, minerals, and fiber. Additionally, the spices used in the dish like cumin, coriander, and garam masala provide a host of health benefits.
Ingredients Details for Tiffin wale aloo
Sure, here are some more details on the ingredients for Tiffin wale aloo sabzi:
- Potatoes - 4 medium-sized: Potatoes are the star ingredient in this dish, providing a starchy and filling base. You need to use boiled potatoes to make this dish.
- Onion - 1 medium-sized: Onions adds a savory and slightly sweet flavor to the dish, as well as a rich brown color when cooked. You can use any variety of onion you like, such as red onion, white onion, or yellow onion.
- Tomatoes - 2 medium-sized: Tomatoes add a tangy and slightly sweet flavor to the dish, as well as a bright red color. You can use fresh tomatoes or canned tomatoes depending on your preference.
- Ginger - 1 tablespoon: Ginger cut into strips adds a pungent flavor to the dish, as well as a host of health benefits.
- Cumin seeds - 1 teaspoon: Cumin seeds add a warm and earthy flavor to the dish, as well as a slightly nutty aroma.
- Coriander seeds - crush the Coriander seeds to add a slightly sweet and citrusy flavor to the dish.
- Spice Powders: Turmeric powder, Red chili powder,Salt to taste
- Ghee - 2 tablespoons
Tips for making the best Tiffin wale aloo sabzi:
- Use a heavy-bottomed pan to avoid burning the spices.
- Use a little extra oil to get a rich and flavorful sabzi.
- Use crushed coriander seeds for the perfect taste and texture.
How To Boil Potatoes
Boiling potatoes in a pressure cooker is a faster way to cook them compared to boiling them in a regular pot. Here are the steps:
- Add the potatoes to the pressure cooker.
- Add enough water to cover the potatoes, but make sure not to fill the pressure cooker more than ⅔ full.
- Add a pinch of salt to the water.
- Close the pressure cooker lid and make sure it is locked in place.
- Turn the heat to high and bring the pressure cooker to full pressure. The time this takes may vary depending on the type and brand of pressure cooker you are using.
- Once the pressure cooker has reached full pressure, reduce the heat to low and cook the potatoes for about 5-7 minutes.
- After the cooking time is up, turn off the heat and let the pressure cooker release the pressure naturally. This may take a few minutes.
- Once the pressure has been released, carefully open the pressure cooker lid and drain the water from the potatoes.
- Let the potatoes cool for a few minutes.
- Once potatoes become comfortable to touch peel them and use as desired.
That's it! Boiling potatoes in a pressure cooker is quick and easy. Just make sure to follow the manufacturer's instructions for your specific pressure cooker model.
How To store leftover Aloo sabzi:
Tiffin wale aloo sabzi can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days. To reheat, simply transfer the sabzi to a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 1-2 minutes or until hot.
Tiffin wale aloo sabzi can be served with roti, paratha, or or even a sandwich filling. To enhance the flavor, garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves and a squeeze of lemon juice. It can also be served with a side of raita or pickle for added taste.
Tiffin wale aloo sabzi is a versatile and delicious dish that can be made easily at home. It is a perfect meal option for those who are looking for a quick and healthy lunch or dinner.
More Such Recipes
- Vrat Wale Aloo Sabzi
- Masala Aloo Recipe
- Dahi Wale Aloo
- Methi Aloo
- Aloo Sabzi (Potato curry for Poori)
- Mathura ke dubki wale aloo
- Jeera Aloo
- Punjabi Aloo Pyaz Sabzi
- Bombay Potato
If You like this recipe and made it Please rate the recipe. It helps us to reach more people. You can follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Pinterest for more food inspirations.
Tiffin wale aloo
- 4 Potatoes
- 1 Onion
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Ginger
- teaspoon Cumin seeds - 1
- teaspoon Coriander seeds - 1 teaspoon
- teaspoon Turmeric powder - 1 teaspoon
- teaspoon Red chili powder - 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- tablespoon Ghee
- Wash and peel the potatoes. Cut them into small cubes and set them aside.
- Wash the peas, beans, and carrots. Cut the beans into small pieces and dice the carrots into small cubes. Set aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan over medium heat. Add cumin seeds and let them sizzle for a few seconds.
- Add finely chopped onions and ginger to the pan. Sauté until the onions turn translucent.
- Now add turmeric powder, red chili powder, and salt to taste. Mix well.
- Add chopped tomatoes to the pan and cook until they soften and turn mushy.
- Add the diced boiled potatoes. Mix well.
- Add crushed coriander seeds to the potatoes and mix well. Cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let the sabzi cool garnish with chopped coriander.
- Tiffin wale aloo sabzi is ready to serve.
Leave me your feedback here please