Ginger flavoured tomato and carrot soup along with roasted vegetable salad and some crusty bread is a complete comfort meal on a cold winter evening.
Amidst all the festivities, October has always been a month that goes by so fast ,by the time you have time to catch up your breath, it’s already November and this year was no different.
As I have already mentioned many times that I am a sucker for vegetables and fruits. Give me this colourful bounty of nature any time and I am a happy camper.
Distinct chilly nip in the air, shorter days and hazy mornings are clear indication of approaching winters in Delhi. A time which is my favourite time of the year. Yes, I am not one of the summer persons, I am a ¦.. Winter girl.
One more thing which this changing season brings with it is flu, cold and coughs, and when I mention cold, how can I forget this comforting soup, to soothe from inside out. Most lovely thing about winter is the short days and long nights and especially evening time, when all of us at home can be together and enjoy the presence of each other, even if we all are doing our own work.
The days are short,
The sun a spark
Hung thin between
The dark and dark.
~ John Updike
When I make this ginger flavoured tomato and carrot soup, roasted vegetable salad with some crusty bread makes it a complete comfort meal on a cold winter evening.
Serving Suggestion: Tastes best with Pan Roasted vegetables and some crusty bread.
Carrot and Tomato Soup
- 2 cups Plum tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot Red chopped
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 inch Ginger piece root chopped
- 1/2 tsp Black peppercorns crushed
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 4 cups Water
- Combine tomatoes, carrots, ginger and water in a pan and cook covered for 15-20 minutes till carrots are tender.
- Let it cool and churn this in a blender.
- Sieve this mixture and heat the liquid in a sauce pan.
- Add Salt pepper and butter to it. Serve hot with croutons.